Governor Signs Sunday Bow Hunting Measure!

DeanoZ

Governor Signs Sunday Bow Hunting Measure!

Postby DeanoZ » Tue May 05, 2009 5:37 am

Its Official! 

Governor Jon Corzine (D-NJ) has signed Senate Bill 802, which will permit bow hunting on Sundays during the respective deer season dates on state wildlife management areas and private property.  

S802 was sponsored by State Senator Stephen Sweeney (D-3) and received strong bi-partisan support in both the Senate and Assembly.

Please contact Senator Sweeney at (856) 251-9801 or sensweeney@njleg.org and thank him for supporting New Jersey's rich hunting heritage.

vipermann7

RE: Governor Signs Sunday Bow Hunting Measure!

Postby vipermann7 » Tue May 05, 2009 6:46 am

Congrats on the new day to hunt! I live in Wisconsin and have never had the Sunday restriction, but I can imagine how unfair that must feel. The government wants nothing to do with religion, yet in some states will maintain regulations about Sunday hunting based on religious reasoning. Quite hypocritical, and just plain unfair. The state shouldn't be allowed to say that you can't hunt on such a day for religious reasons, that's a personal decision we all have to make. No one should make it for us. But anyway, congrats! Have a happy fall, with at least an extra couple of weeks worth of days to hunt!

DeanoZ

RE: Governor Signs Sunday Bow Hunting Measure!

Postby DeanoZ » Tue May 05, 2009 10:02 am

Thanks Viper, yeah I agree....it should be an individuals choice and not something mandated by local govt.  For me its a matter of flexibility...sometimes Saturday hunts just don't workout as planned for a myriad of reasons, so having the option to hunt on Sunday in lieu of is a plus!

Return to New Jersey