Growing and Hunting Quality Bucks By Tom Indrebo

bucktale

RE: Growing and Hunting Quality Bucks By Tom Indrebo

Postby bucktale » Wed May 06, 2009 12:42 am

I was just going through some of my pics of deer I took last year and something kind of shocked me. In Toms book he states that you should be out hunting on Oct. 26 at all times because that is when the primary bucks start looking and checking there scrapes for the first does coming into heat at all times during the day. When I was looking at this picture I checked the date and it was Oct.26 at 2:17pm. This was the first pic I had of this 8 pointer during the day, all others were at night. That day of all days I decided not to go out because it was really windy at between 30-40mph and there he was standing next to my stand.

Goose

RE: Growing and Hunting Quality Bucks By Tom Indrebo

Postby Goose » Wed May 06, 2009 11:02 am

That is a cool pic! Yes he does like that day and it sounds like he has good reason for it.
Speaking of windy days, 2 years ago instead of hunting because of how windy it was I decided to drive around the property with the video camera. Out in one of the fields I can hunt is standing one of the biggest bucks Ive seen in the wild tending a doe! I videoed 2 really nice bucks that night, since then I will hunt in the wind if its near the rut.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Previous

Return to Books/DVDs/Magazines