Truman? War Criminal?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

Truman? War Criminal?

Postby Woods Walker » Sat May 02, 2009 3:42 am

According to TV funnyman John Stewart, yes. But Stewart (and everyone else) needs to see this.........

http://www.pjtv.com/video/Afterburner_/Jon_Stewart%2C_War_Criminals_%26_The_True_Story_of_the_Atomic_Bombs/1808/

Even if you only watch the first 5 minutes it's still worth it. But you will most likely watch all of it, because it's that good.

What a great history lesson!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

fasteddie

RE: Truman? War Criminal?

Postby fasteddie » Sat May 02, 2009 4:57 am

John Stewart is funny but ..................he puts himself on a pedestal and comes across as a know it all !
Semper Fi !

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Sat May 02, 2009 3:21 pm

My dad knows it all and he taught me alot of it!  And John Stewart doesn't even know dad.  lol
May God Bless You As He Has Me

passin through

Postby passin through » Mon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Stewart's a ding dong liberal.  When war comes they wet their shorts and scream for the Marines to save them.  Its a shame John  will never have to go where bullets are fired in anger and hatred.  It might change his perspective. 
My personal opinion on Harry S. Truman goes back to a corny quote I heard on a bad movie but I liked the point...."If you want to put a nail in a board you don't do anything fancy, you just take a hammer and beat the damn thing in" Truman basically hammered the nail in.  In war you do what it takes, killing your enemies and destroying their will to fight.  Mercy is for after the victory and quarter is given only if asked for.
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Tue May 05, 2009 6:42 am

Good old John Stewart, this is coming from the same guy that bashed Jim Kramer of Mad Money.  Stewart said that Kramer should have warned people of the bad brokerage houses and that people depended on him and lost alot of money.  I'm sorry but if I'm pinning my future on Jim Kramers advice then I've got alot worse problems on my hands. 

John Stewart is the same as Rush in my mind.  They say things for the shock value and ratings.  If you really want to know what is going on, do your OWN research.  Just like this guy did, most of the time it takes less than 10 minutes of searching to get the facts.  Problem is most people are to lazy and choose to be spoon fed by the media.

ZEEK

Postby ZEEK » Tue May 05, 2009 5:41 pm

The Japanese were not going to surender! They were going to fight on knowing the war was lost just to kill as many Americans as possible. Truman did what he needed to do, even after the first A bomb they did not surrender it took a second. My grandfather was in Germany waiting for his orders to go to the Pacific he knew he would never make it back if he went. Thank you President Truman. My grandfathers life is worth five million of theirs.
Not knowing where you are going is the best way to get
somewhere you've never been.

J. Peterman.

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Wed May 06, 2009 5:07 am

John Stewart call himself a dipshit the next night for saying it.  http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=225918&title=Harry-Truman-Was-Not-a-War-Criminal

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Wed May 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Every one who has posted on this topic has presented valid points. Personally, I don't watch John Stewart, I don't care for him or his politics. I do believe him to be a liberal. IMO, I agree that he considers himself a part of the Hollywood elite and that he fails to do research, study and understand the events of the past. He talks off the cuff on and about subjects of which he knows, IMHO once again, little or nothing about, purely seeking an emotional response from his statement. The Constitution guarantees the right of free speech. However, It does not guarantee that I or anyone else has to listen. I am indeed fortunate to have been born an American.

sticknstringer

Postby sticknstringer » Mon May 11, 2009 1:14 pm

ORIGINAL: ZEEK

The Japanese were not going to surender! They were going to fight on knowing the war was lost just to kill as many Americans as possible. Truman did what he needed to do, even after the first A bomb they did not surrender it took a second. My grandfather was in Germany waiting for his orders to go to the Pacific he knew he would never make it back if he went. Thank you President Truman. My grandfathers life is worth five million of theirs.

It wasn't necessary to drop the atom bombs on Japan to win the war. In fact, winning the war more quickly was only one aspect of why the bombs were dropped. Obscure in the History books certainly, but to the discerning minds, the truth can be found.

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:21 pm

you're kidding, right?

Next

Return to Off Topic