Bowtech Video?

Big Buck Daddy

Bowtech Video?

Postby Big Buck Daddy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:05 pm

Last night I watched an 8 minute video on YouTube from a guy that had some harsh comments about Bowtechs.  He owned a Bowtech that failed and after a call to the customer service, he was very upset about the treatment he received.  He broke two strings and had complaints about the cams.  He stated that the materials used on the newer models was cheaper and the craftsmanship was poor. 

Has anyone else had problems with Bowtech?  To the long time Bowtech-owners, have you noticed a difference in the materials and craftsmanship?

If I remember his rant correctly, he stated the problems started in 1999 (I think.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) when the VP was fired from the company. 
You can do anything you want, but you'll eventually have to answer to THE MAN for it!

DeanoZ

RE: Bowtech Video?

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:24 am

I recently bought my first bowtech bow, a used 2004 VFT.  No issues whatsoever with the craftsmanship or mechanics, and nothing on it looks "cheap".  It was the first bow I had purchased in almost 20 years so a lot has obviously changed since then.  I can honestly say I'm extremely impressed and pleased with the performance of Bowtech Bows and Bowtech as a company.  It will not be my last bowtech bow thats for sure!

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:04 am

That's interesting. I tend to fall on the side of the manufacturer most of the time. Any company can put out a single, faulty product now and then. Even a line of products can have some issues, but usually a well established name of quality doesnt just fall apart. it can, but not too often. I have only owned one bowtech, i bought a guardian last year. it has been a perfect bow, the most pleasurable bow i have ever shot. i have had no problems with quality or durability, it has been everything i expected from a name like bowtech.
i would think if bowtech was going down the tubes, it would be well known by now, especially if the troubles started almost 10 years ago. its hard to compete in the archery business if you put out cr*p. i would guess this guy just had the unfortunate incident that happens to all of us now and then. it never helps if customer service is a little rough. but then again, thats usually just some operator sitting in a giant office somewhere just redirecting calls and reading solutions from a problem guide. they are the "voice" of the company, but I dont always attribute crumby customer service directly to the company.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:24 pm

[font=tahoma]I've owned two BowTech bows in my hunting career and I will never shoot anything else!  I have never had a problem with them and I think their bows and products are top of the line.  I owned a TomKat and now a General.  Like I said great bows![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:54 am

I own an Allegiance, a Constitution for indoor leagues, and just bought an 82nd Airborne. Needless to say, I've had all positive experiences with Bowtech products. I think the quality and technology keep getting better, but that's just my humble opinion.[;)]

jaybyrd450r

Postby jaybyrd450r » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:24 am

i bought the bowtech tech 29 first year it came out in i think it was 00 and never have had a issue with it still has same string just keep it waxed so no problem here

Gr8ToutDoors

Postby Gr8ToutDoors » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:42 pm

I just got the 08 guardian at the beginning of this year and it is amazing.  It's been through a lot since then.  Accidentally slipped out of my hands at 1/4 draw and the strings came off the cams and had to get it reset.  Still shoots great and no problems with it.  My dad just bought the admiral and he loves it.  I think they are a very solidly built bow.  

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:17 am

ORIGINAL: Gr8ToutDoors

I just got the 08 guardian at the beginning of this year and it is amazing.  It's been through a lot since then.  Accidentally slipped out of my hands at 1/4 draw and the strings came off the cams and had to get it reset.  Still shoots great and no problems with it.  My dad just bought the admiral and he loves it.  I think they are a very solidly built bow.  

How would you compare the guardian to the 82'nd, 101st and Admiral?  I saw the Guardian in my local shop , this one featured an 80# draw weight which blew me away because I thought they only went up to 70#, then the rep proceeded to tell me you can purchase up to 90# limbs for the guardian and a few others.  I know some don't harp on speed...I do, only because I like a flatter shooting bow out to longer distances and would like to shoot out to 40 yrds consistantly without having to worry about messing with sight pins

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:00 pm

That guy has got to be a Hoyt Rep or something! The 09 lineup looks awesome, and the 07 and 08's were definitely nice.

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Tue May 12, 2009 2:43 pm

DeanoZ, If you're looking for a whisper quiet bow with good speed, the Admiral & Captain are two 2009 bows to check out. A friend of mine is getting 290 fps. from his Captain with his hunting set up. He shot both & chose the 34" Captain over the 31" Admiral. The 82nd Airborne is the only bow that returned from the 2008 lineup. I'm getting 300 fps. with my hunting arrows at 65 lb. draw, which makes it very flat shooting.

You mentioned 90 lb. limbs available for some models. The bow shop owner "that I help keep in business" used to shoot a 90 lb. Tribute when he went out west to hunt. When he switched to a 70 lb. 82nd Airborne, he had to move his 80 yard pin less than a sixteenth of an inch. That's pretty amazing for pulling 20 less pounds, not to mention saving the tendons in your shoulder.
Dave M.

Return to Bows