Any one seeing Any Fawns yet?

passin through

Any one seeing Any Fawns yet?

Postby passin through » Thu May 14, 2009 9:59 am

Has anyone seen any fawns yet?  I personally haven't but one friend said he saw one along side I20 last week.  I do notice LDWF has their posting up on the main site for people to leave "abandoned" fawns alone.  Just curious, I haven't been able to do much woods walking in a few weeks and was wondering about the rest of the state.
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

vipermann7

RE: Any one seeing Any Fawns yet?

Postby vipermann7 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:22 am

I haven't seen any fawns up here in Wisconsin yet, but like you, I haven't been out too much yet. I usually first see fawns in June.

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 pm

ORIGINAL: passin through

Has anyone seen any fawns yet?  I personally haven't but one friend said he saw one along side I20 last week.  I do notice LDWF has their posting up on the main site for people to leave "abandoned" fawns alone.  Just curious, I haven't been able to do much woods walking in a few weeks and was wondering about the rest of the state.

Here in Western NY we see fawns anytime between May 6 and memorial day weekend (app May 30th) It continues steadily declining through June.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Wed May 27, 2009 2:54 pm

I saw one a week ago here in Southwestern Wisconsin.  
Scott

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:03 pm

I have yet to see one on trail cam or in person here in Northern NY. I have seen some deer with some really low hanging stomachs though. Hopefully I will get a visual soon!
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Thu May 28, 2009 1:25 am

I saw a doe with her fawn out in the corn behind the house yesterday. When she took off, it had no trouble keeping up with her. They were about 160 yards out in the field and I couldn't see them well enough to guess how old the fawn might be. Also the neighbor found a dead fawn with the insides eaten away and the head gone while baling alfalfa Friday evening. Looks to be a coyote kill. Coyotes are pretty thick this year.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:54 pm

So far we have seen 10 within a 2 mile radius of our hunting area with 8 being on our land or being on neighbor's land.  Also our neighbor told us that she saw the white deer and she had 2 white fawns with her.  
Scott

billcurry

Postby billcurry » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Had two fawns on trail cam last week with a doe leading the way.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. Romans 1:16

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:56 pm

I havent seen any yet.. However a buddy of mine had some born in his back yard.. 2 years in a row, he's had that happen.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:20 am

I saw a doe with twin fawns on Friday hanging out in a hay field around dusk.

Next

Return to Louisiana