Anyone bear hunt?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Patriot

RE: Anyone bear hunt?

Postby Patriot » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:15 am

Get this.  My wife (and a neighbor) saw a black bear in my yard two nights ago (we live 30 minutes north of Minneapolis).  Oh man, this just gets worse! 

[:(][:(]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Sounds like they know who to poke fun of! [;)]
QDM!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:22 am

I've been going to camp to hunt bear with bow the last few years...have seen but never had one come in close enough for a comfortable shot...not allowed to bait here...the closest I've come was 3 years ago..I went to camp and got up at 4am... I had backed the dodge right up to the house door and left gear inside...got there late and knew I'd have the place filled with wood smoke before getting a fire going[&:]...anyhow I'm in my slippers and robe and don't turn on the outside light. I open passenger door and cab light goes on....I hear HUMMPH...HUMMPH....Well the ole brain was saying...hop in truck....turn to door...as I leaned around the cab and there standing on his hind legs....looking much bigger than he was...is the bear I came to hunt...my mind was yelling run but my feet were'nt going any place as I heard him rustling in the leaves...and thankfully I saw him moving up hill and away from me....I went to my stand in the dark that morning ...bow in one hand and a knife in the other...Ya [8|]..that would have helped...sat for 12 hrs and never saw him again....but what a RUSH![;)]

jackman

Postby jackman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Sorry Patriot, no bear, I go Bear hunting over bait in Maine, I Hunted all over the state, this area is the most productive [east of Bangor] its in the fall. No one can really guarantee a bear, all they can guarantee is an active bait site, It depends on the weather,the berry crop,and the person hunting , if they move to much,make nosie, get out of there stands etc.

IM going again this year with my bow, the month of September.
did you see any bear in Canada? I know this reply is a little late but i just saw it. 
            Jack

Previous

Return to Off Topic