Tree Saddle and Tree suit

wisbowhntr

Tree Saddle and Tree suit

Postby wisbowhntr » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:59 pm

I am thinking about getting one of these and and was wondering if anyone here uses one or has tried one of these yet?Seeing that I have to hunt public land here in Wisconsin I think these would give me a better chance for getting up into any tree I want to hunt out of instead of having to look  for one that I can use my climber in.Here are the web  sites for these two products. www.treesuit.com and www.trophylineusa.com. Please let me know what you all think of these two . Thanks [;)]

Everyday Hunter

RE: Tree Saddle and Tree suit

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:20 am

I'm interested in answers to this question, too. Both of these look scary to me. I'd like to see how fast and easy the hunter goes up the tree, and how safe hunters feel. The TreeSuit is from Lone Wolf, a company with a great treestand. And I've heard of some great reports about the Tree Saddle.

I'll be watching.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

wisbowhntr

Postby wisbowhntr » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:44 am

Steve both have videos to watch on how they work.I like the idea about them because then all I have to carry into the wods is my bow and a set of tree steps or stick ladder which would be alot lighter to carry deeper into the woods.

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm looking at purchasing one this summer as well. I have my choices down to the Tree Saddle with Lone Wolf climbing sticks and Summit Viper climbing tree stand. I hunt public land and I can't leave my stand up over night. Additionally, weight and noise are issues. I've just finished reading John Eberhart's Bow Hunting Pressured Whitetails. He talks extensively about the Tree Saddle in the book. I've also emailed many of the users listed on the Tree Saddle site to ask their opinion. The responses have been positive. While a bit more expensive that the climbing tree stand, I think I'll be purchasing the Saddle and some climbing sticks in the next month or two.

hendo64

Postby hendo64 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi everyone I don't have a very good internet connection at home and can't watch the videos on these products, so if someone can kinda explain how they work that would be awesome. do ya need climbing spikes or sticks or do they work like a climbing treestand? thanks for any input given. and for anyone keeping track only 111 days till season opens here in iowa!

whitacl

Postby whitacl » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:50 am

I have just purchased a Tree Saddle on E-bay last month and saved a lot of money.  I got a brand new in the package for $100.00 some have sold for less.  I put it on when i got it in the mail, it is very comfortable and light weight.  I have 4 used lone wolf climbing sticks, also purcahsed on e-bay for $110.00, I plan to use instead of screw in tree steps.  The concept is great, i just think that it will take a lot of practice in the back yard shooting from the saddle in all of the different positions.  I think that once you get used to using it, it will take the place of my climber tree stand. 

Ohio BBH

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:48 am

Hi Hendo64 and welcome to the forum,
Yes, you would need climbing sticks or tree spikes to use the tree saddle. Depending upon where you hunt, this decision can be made for you. I hunt public land and the regs don't allow for screw in tree steps, so it's climbing sticks for me. I'm leaning toward lone wolf brand due to their light weight, about 10 - 12 pounds for 4 sections.

As far as the tree saddle, it like a mountain climbing harness that you secure to the tree.

hendo64

Postby hendo64 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Thanks mshunter. that's what I thought but I have slow dial up and can't do much. by the looks of it I kinda figured it need one of those. anyways thanks again

yaxmanrich

Postby yaxmanrich » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:40 am

The only question I have is "Can you urinate while in the saddle"?

Return to Treestands