Pure Michigan

HoneyHole

Pure Michigan

Postby HoneyHole » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:35 pm

There is a new "Pure Michigan" hunt available now. Only 3 tags are being awarded. I bought one. That's about it though.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_53632---,00.html

[color="black"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]The Pure Michigan Hunt is a new multi-species hunting opportunity. Three lucky hunters will be selected by random drawing for the opportunity to purchase special hunting licenses for elk, bear, antlerless deer, and turkey (spring and fall seasons). Licenses will be valid during any open season for each of these species during the 2010 license year. Pure Michigan hunters will also have first selection of hunting sites during the reserved hunt period at any managed waterfowl area. [/size][/color] [color="black"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]"We view this as a excellent way to showcase the hunting opportunities available in Michigan," says DNR Director Rebecca A. Humphries. "This is the hunting experience of a lifetime, one that hunters will never forget." Image[/size][/color]
[color="black"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]Interested hunters may purchase as many Pure Michigan Hunt applications as they wish from March 1 - December 31. The fee is $4 per application. Winners will be contacted in January after the application deadline and will be authorized to purchase Pure Michigan licenses for the upcoming hunting seasons, starting with the spring turkey season. [/size][/color]
[color="black"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]ImageThe Pure Michigan Hunt is available to both Michigan residents and nonresidents; however, under current Michigan statute, successful nonresident applicants are not eligible to purchase an elk license.

[/size][/color]Eligibility [ul][color="black"][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"][*]Minimum age: 12
[*]Residents and nonresidents may apply. However, the elk license may not be purchased by any nonresidents who are selected in the drawing (under current Michigan statute).
[*]Apprentice hunters are not eligible to apply.
[*]Successful applicants may apply without restriction for future Pure Michigan Hunt drawings (no ineligibility period).
[*]Applying for or purchasing Pure Michigan Hunt licenses does not affect hunter eligibility to apply for or purchase regular hunting licenses in the same license year.
[*]Individuals who are not eligible to apply for the regular elk drawing because of previous drawing success are fully eligible to apply for the Pure Michigan Hunt drawing and may obtain an elk license if selected.
[*]Individuals under a court-ordered license revocation are not eligible to apply. [/size][/font][/color][/ul]
[color="black"][size="-1"]
[/size][/color]

Demoderby4

RE: Pure Michigan

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Yeah i saw that on the dnr site when i put my name in for the antlerless deer for state land, i actually remembered this year lol! I forgot to buy one for the pure Michigan opportunity, that would be pretty cool to be picked for it considering their are only 3 permits! Good luck.
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:23 pm

So, is anyone buying these? Just curious. If so, how many? 

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 pm

If i had a little more money i would apply for a few but im trying not to spend too much all summer to try to get some gear for hunting this fall lol! Saving pennies sucks, but i have to do it lately [8|]
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:18 am

Yeah I saw this today too.. I think its a big joke. The dnr must be desperate for money.. I mean come on only 3 winners!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:10 pm

I guess it's the first multispecies hunt offered east of the Mississippi. I've been buying raffle tickets from western states for a few years now. I think it's a good idea as long as the money is used for natural resources. But, I'd have to guess that it just goes in the states general fund. 

Return to Michigan