What do you prefer?

mhouck06

What do you prefer?

Postby mhouck06 » Mon May 25, 2009 4:37 pm

In light of the recent article, which scent eliminator do you personally think works best?

Woods Walker

RE: What do you prefer?

Postby Woods Walker » Tue May 26, 2009 3:51 am

I'm one of the "other".

The only one of the products I use of the above brands, is the unscented shampoo that Scent-Away makes. For everything else body-wise I use plain old Dove UNSCENTED bar soap. Sometimes I'll even use that on my head too.

Other than that, I follow this regiment:

1. I bathe often, and I try to wash my head and hair if I come back to camp and cook any food, as cooking odors stick on your hair like glue. I also use an unscented stick deodorant.

2. I keep all my hunting clothes, less my underware, out in the shed, and I don't put it on until I'm ready to hunt, and it comes off before I go back into the cabin. I wear sweats to and from.

3. I also begin taking cholorphyll capsules a week or two before the season starts, and then throughout the season as an internal deodorant.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

I'm one of the "other".

The only one of the products I use of the above brands, is the unscented shampoo that Scent-Away makes. For everything else body-wise I use plain old Dove UNSCENTED bar soap. Sometimes I'll even use that on my head too.

Other than that, I follow this regiment:

1. I bathe often, and I try to wash my head and hair if I come back to camp and cook any food, as cooking odors stick on your hair like glue. I also use an unscented stick deodorant.

2. I keep all my hunting clothes, less my underware, out in the shed, and I don't put it on until I'm ready to hunt, and it comes off before I go back into the cabin. I wear sweats to and from.

3. I also begin taking cholorphyll capsules a week or two before the season starts, and then throughout the season as an internal deodorant.

This is essentially the same method I use. Along with large amounts of baking soda used on my body and to launder my clothes with.
As for the eliminator products, they are all pretty much the same so I use the cheapest which is usually Scent Killer. They are all oxidizers. IMO,IME there is no more powerful oxidizer than baking soda.

coach

Postby coach » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:32 pm

scent killer.....scent away.

stay scent free....I wash as much as I can.  There is only so much a man can do.
Stay clean.....Stay away from Old Spice.....Play the wind as much......spray it....don't say it

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Stickman

Postby Stickman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:09 pm

I used to use Scentaway. Then I tried dead down wind and it worked really well. I tried Primos but it leaves a smell so I quit using it and went back to dead down wind. Stay with a proven winner , at least from my stand point anyway.

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Deaddown Wind no question.......a lot of the clothes (jackets, bibs, orange,ect)that I use to bundle up in for late season archery are ones often that I have ran hounds in for the previous 5 weeks.  I do try to wash them befor but it turns really cold I grab what i got......dead down wind has not let me down yet...3 last weekend hunts and 3 does in three years[:D]
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

whiteoak77

Postby whiteoak77 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:08 pm

I like to use Scent-Away because I have had good success with it.I also like the acorn and earth Scent-Away certain times of year here in Pa..It kills your odor while also masks any other unwanted scents.I like the idea about the chlorophyl tablets.Can you tell me were a good place to buy them are at if anyone knows?I know scent sheild makes something like it.I also have had some success with Dead Down Wind but have not used it enough to comment much on it.My cousin loves Dead Down Wind and will not use anything else unless he forgets it or runs out.I use all the Scent-Away products from soap,laundry soap,clothing sprays,deo.,feild wipes and waffers.I have always had great hunts with these products and I like the old reliables if they are working for me.Just try to shower and spray your favorite product on you before you head out.It is hard for most of us to be totally dedicated to do everything most of the companys tell you to do because of time.Just do your best and have fun.--This is my 1st post on a forum site so if I look like I do not know what I am doing you are correct.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:38 am

This is my 1st post on a forum site so if I look like I do not know what I am doing you are correct.

Aww.....don't sweat it. None of us know what we're talking about either, it's just that we have no qualms about opening our mouths (or fingers, specifically), and confirming it!  [:D]

Your opinion is just as valid and welcome as anyone elses!

Besides, based on your words,

"Just do your best and have fun."

It sounds like you've pretty well figured it out!  [:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:57 pm

Scent killer has just done it for me.. Ive been able to have deer walk right up on me and never know I was there.. It's one of the only few Ill take the field with me when i head out.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators