Deer Plaques/mounts

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
kribbz

Deer Plaques/mounts

Postby kribbz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:20 am

I'm wondering if you guys put any engraved information on your plaques/mounts.  If so what type of information do you include?

coach

RE: Deer Plaques/mounts

Postby coach » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Name of hunter, date, lbs
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:23 pm

I got rid off all my plaque mounts and just went back to hanging the ones I didnt get mounted on the wall. I prefer the Old School look of just the antlers..

What I do now is When I take the picture of the deer after the kill, I put the date of kill time weapon points (8 10 whatever), weight and age... I do that mostly so when my kids grow up and look at the pictures they can turn it over and relive the hunt alittle..

Plus whenever your buddy forgets who shot the biggest deer for a given year you can pull out the picture and remind him...LOL.....

passin through

Postby passin through » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:46 pm

On shoulder mounts usually nothing...........On the plaques it depends on the plaque.  Mostly I by cheap or make my own so i either wood burn my name and date or if its exotic or special, a little something different.  I have one good 8 point killed in Texas and I got a friend to send me a cutting board made from mesquite he found in San Antonio... it is shaped like the state of Texas and finished naturally (red with some mineral stain) I attached the horns in the upper portion And covered with a skull cap from a walmart kit.  Then took a SWAG as to where on the outline  the town was where I killed my deer and then drilled a hole there and inserted the primer end of the cut down 7mm hull that did the old boy in....the hull is a silver looking winchester hull and really stands out on the red mesquite...beside that i wood burned the town name and my initials and the year.  My 20 year anniversary buck I mounted on one of those plagues that has the picture frame with it and under the picture of me & my deer i attached the 12 ga hull and then drilled out proper sized holes in a  straight line where i placed all the copper plated buck shot that i recovered from his chest.  Looks cool if I do say so.
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Passin through you should post a pic if ya can.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

John1961

Postby John1961 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:06 am

I had a plaque added to my mount whit my name, date of the kill, county/state and score. 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

John1961

Postby John1961 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:09 am

I have on on mine that has my name,date, county/state, wt and score
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:07 am

for base plates ive used a 1" thick cut of pine tree about a foot in diameter   then i attach the euromount .On the back i write the details,where,when with what etc.i like the natural look
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:21 pm

I have just cut out a few pieces of oak in the shape of the state of Illinois and I've got my antlers in the center, my buck pin on the left side and i'm thinking it needs something on the bottom. 

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:28 pm

I put my name and date on my plaques. Also, I put a picture of the deer from the hunt on the back of the plaque in an envelope.
Kyle

Next

Return to General Discussions