How's the weather....

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
tnt1960

RE: How's the weather....

Postby tnt1960 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:56 am

I`m in the process of painting the outside of my house, so for me, it`s been way too hot. It`s been in the mid 80`s everyday. Plus it`s even too hot to go out back to shoot my bow. I can`t wait till October gets here. I wish October weather lasted for about 10 months out of the year.
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:49 pm

No need to worry about fireworks around here...this week ...high 60's-low 70's and 60-70% chance of rain and thunderstorms all week....to me thats great weather minus the amount of rain....though...I don't expect to have a stellar pepper...tomato...eggplant harvest and well the beans are looking a bit iffy...thank heavens we like greens... broccoli...and brussel sprouts [:)]...Oh all the berry bushes and the mulberry trees are setting huge crops...this is the best time for them to have plenty of rain..= big berries

HiddenHornsRanch

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:49 am

The area around here is listed in extreme drought, and so far all arial fireworks have been banned. They just recently finish fighting a major fire on King ranch not to long ago. Need rain bad, but Im working on a study to see how this drought is affecting the antler growth on the bucks down here. So far its interesting.
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 am

Here in west-central WI we had kind of a nice, cool, wet spring.  Since then it's been everything but.  Pretty dry.  Last couple weeks we've been blessed with some good amounts of rain but before that it was trouble.  Temps are so up and down too....I do a lot of fishing and it's hard to locate the fish with the varying temp changes.  As far as the fall, not sure.  Hopefully it gets better from here on out!  I was telling the wife (girlfriend) yesterday that it feels like I should be sitting 20 feet up in a tree right then....That's what the weather felt like yesterday...A beautiful fall day!!  Sure got me the fever there for a second! 
QDM!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:52 am

I believe that for the first time in a couple of years...the weather ppl got an entire week of weather dead on....Just got back from a 2mile hike...one of that being in a torential down pour...wow what a great time..... for once this week a nice rain with no lightening....love walking woods in the rain....did'nt realize how much we got until I walked past one of my bathtub waterholes...I drained and cleaned it but had'nt got it filled yet....its now 6in. from the top!...the Koi pond waterhole I fixed a leak in ...is now up to the plant ledge...The garden...well if I can't get in there soon to weed wack...I won't be able to find it...and I was doing so well[&o]...But I got to tell you the corn I plant as cover ....yee haa....she's doing good....the birds and squirrels didn't get it all...I'll take pics in a week or so...figured cost on that little spot...56 cents for the corn $12 for lime...$6 for fertalizer....You all have a great Indepenance day weekend...be safe 

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:00 am

all this rain sucks...it is going to kill all my newly planted carrotts and the apple trees i planted in april....the ground will never dry out htis summer at this rate...

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:17 am

Send the rain to the Florida Panhandle, currently Sunny and 92 with a heat index of 109, plenty of damn humidity but no rain!

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 am

I feel like i live in the rain forest except it is 60 degrees out... seriously it feels like it has rained everyday since may....

no drought in Northeast ohio that is for sure!!!!!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:46 am

Same in Southern Ohio, we went from hot, humid and rain to cold and rain.  We've been 10 to 15 degrees below normal for the last few days.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:15 pm

No rain here in Central Wis for two weeks, getting dry. Corn needs it right now! Clover still ok.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic