Deer Plaques/mounts

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
swampdog

RE: Deer Plaques/mounts

Postby swampdog » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:21 pm

I have my own Taxidermy shop here in NC. and I have seen that people are not getting plaques on there mounts like they use to. But as new forms come out along with plaques made from old barn wood and ingraving them it has picked back up. I see and talk with alot of poelpe that has alot of new ideas .

Thanks swampdog

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:50 pm

i put my name, time,date i shot the deer, where ever i shot the deer ie: midland michigan, ill throw that on the back of the plaque.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:26 am

here is a picture of what i got going on.  I think i'm going to get something engraved today. 

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:33 pm

i have a couple, i put the place date and my name...just so when i get old i will remember when, where and by whom...though i think I  am already getting old!!!!!..

adirondackhunter

Postby adirondackhunter » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:52 am

I put just the date. I can remember the hunt and the weapon but i 'm too old to remember the date.
Hunt to live , Live to hunt

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:05 am

Name, date, and method. 

More for the people who come after me than anything else.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:58 pm

I always put the date, maybe the bucks nickname, the score, and anything about the hunt I want to remember or have my kids know on the back of the plaque. For instance, I shot a 6 pointer a few years back at 386 yards with my wife at my side. All this info is on the back of the plaque with the shellcasing hanging from an antler.
May God Bless You As He Has Me

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm

Me? I'm one of those guys who should take an eye exam before buying my license.

Here's what I do:  after I break two or three legs on a deer, and then chase it down for some finishing shots, I salvage the meat that's not blood shot too badly, and put it though the grinder. Then, I look around and if I can find the antlers I cut them off and hang them on the wall with a big sign hanging from the rack that carries all the vital statistics (what gun, how many shots, where killed, height, weight, cup size, date, time) in 72-point type.

I'd post a picture if I could see it through the camera viewfinder.

Steve

(Seriously, I don't put anything on them, but that's not to say I never would.) 
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:42 am

Well....My mount is almost done! A buddy stopped by the taxidermists yesterday and mine was laying in line set to be finished up, so he snapped me a photo. Can not wait to get it back!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:04 pm

You're gonna like that.

What is it that looks like a metal rim around the mount on the right?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions