Opinions on new PA license system

Everyday Hunter

Opinions on new PA license system

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Any opinions on the new PALS licensing? (It stands for Pennsylvania Automated Licensing System.) This has been a long time coming. I got my license yesterday and sent off for an antlerless tag.

It was pretty slick. Hand the guy my driver's license, tell him my SS# what licenses I want, and bingo. Now, we need to get rid of the back tag and stop putting holes in our jackets.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

wingbone

RE: Opinions on new PA license system

Postby wingbone » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:51 pm

It will be even easier next year now that they have our information and issued a CID #.

I got mine last week at the local hardware but did not have, nor knew my sons Social Security Number, so we ordered his on line and got it in the mail in three days.

Little guy fits in a fishing license holder.

Pretty slick.

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:26 pm

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

Now, we need to get rid of the back tag and stop putting holes in our jackets.

I sent a fax to the PA Game Commission today asking for information on displaying the new style of hunting license. I was told that the reason it was made so small was that it would fit in your wallet. But since the bill has not been passed yet, you still need to pin it to the outside of any article of clothing you're wearing while hunting. It is no longer considered a back tag.
Dave M.

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:57 am

I think its a great idea, the only thing that i dont like is the fact that its like opening a notepad when and if stopped by a commissioner your going to have to take eveything out and show them instead of them walking by and noticing the information they need.  Will see what they have in mind for the years to come hopefully back to the seperate doe season haha more time at camp!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:23 pm

ORIGINAL: Bowtechian

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

Now, we need to get rid of the back tag and stop putting holes in our jackets.

I sent a fax to the PA Game Commission today asking for information on displaying the new style of hunting license. I was told that the reason it was made so small was that it would fit in your wallet. But since the bill has not been passed yet, you still need to pin it to the outside of any article of clothing you're wearing while hunting. It is no longer considered a back tag.

That's odd. A buddy of mine made the same call and was told that it still must be displayed on the back.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

cmarberg18

Postby cmarberg18 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:35 pm

What was wrong with the old stlye license? Why do we now have to give out SS#'s to the state? I dont like it at all. Just another way for them to track hunters and gun owners. Go ahead say what you want about me, but I dont put ANYTHING past out wonderful "used car salesmen" governor! We need to get this state back to a "deer hunting state" and not a "trophy hunting state". Were not iowa or texas, people come here to kill deer. Yes we will have our share of nice bucks, but i want to have the opportunity to kill a deer. Beside cant eat bone anyway! So now please bring on all the pro-game commission posts! They have done so much rite in this state havnt they? [;)]

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:57 am

[/quote]
That's odd. A buddy of mine made the same call and was told that it still must be displayed on the back.

Steve
[/quote]

The same week I talked to the Game Commission, our local newspaper had an article stating the same thing I was told. Maybe someone didn't get the memo. I'll still probably pin it to the back of my safety vest, since it's the best out of the way place.
Dave M.

slay

Postby slay » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:41 pm

As of now it is still required to be displayed on the back. I am sure that will change in a year or 2.

Careful with that fishing license holder. Mine always falls off when I'm fishing, but I travel a lot more when I'm hunting. It is bound to get hung up in some brush....

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:52 pm

ORIGINAL: cmarberg18

What was wrong with the old stlye license? Why do we now have to give out SS#'s to the state? I dont like it at all. Just another way for them to track hunters and gun owners. Go ahead say what you want about me, but I dont put ANYTHING past out wonderful "used car salesmen" governor! We need to get this state back to a "deer hunting state" and not a "trophy hunting state". Were not iowa or texas, people come here to kill deer. Yes we will have our share of nice bucks, but i want to have the opportunity to kill a deer. Beside cant eat bone anyway! So now please bring on all the pro-game commission posts! They have done so much rite in this state havnt they? [;)]

While I'm not sure I agree with your position on deer hunting in PA, I TOTALLY concur with your opinion of the governor. He is a pillager and a looter. He is the worst enemy the people of this commonwealth have-and NOT just on hunting related issues.

hunt4

Postby hunt4 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:37 am

I think this whole thing is a good idea but if they are going to print them off in the store they need to make shure that the printer works ok. I have problems reading my license because it didn't print all the letters and some are smeared. Other then that it seems to be an good system. Just my $0.02

Next

Return to Pennsylvania