Do you wear camo outside of hunting?

Ben Sobieck

Do you wear camo outside of hunting?

Postby Ben Sobieck » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:23 am

It can be a fashion statement ("Hey you, I'm a hunter and I ain't ashamed of it") or a product of necessity ("Shoot, I'm out of clean shirts"). Either way, some people wear camo outside of hunting. Are you one of them?

OHhunter

RE: Do you wear camo outside of hunting?

Postby OHhunter » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:26 am

I have a camo fleece I wear most of the winter, not really trying to make a fashion statement, it's warm, light weight and comfortable.  I also wear my camo pants that are two faded to wear into the woods anymore, and most of the time during turkey season I will be wearing camo.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:50 am

I'll wear my mossy oak ball cap occasionally, but beyond I try to keep the wear and tear on the hunting duds down to a minimum...its just too expensive to replace nowadays!

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:58 am

Other than a cap, no.

Like DeanoZ says, too expensive.  And why chance getting them all odored up with something that won't come out.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

I also agree that it's just too expensive to wear my hunting gear outside of hunting. Generally other than hunting clothes I don't buy camo to wear.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:13 am

I wear lots of camo when I'm not hunting...but it's never the same camo that I wear in the woods. I have camo sweatpants that I wear around the house and some camo shorts (bad idea to hunt in shorts) and I also have alot of old woodland camo that I wear for just knocking around. My wife calls me Camo Man. She says when I die, she's gonna quit working and open a sporting goods store to sell off all my stuff.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:22 am

I wear a little camo when not hunting, but it's not the camo that I wear hunting.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

gooseslayer

Postby gooseslayer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:32 am

For the first time in my career, I am with a company that does not find it socially acceptable to wear camo to work on casual days. I think I may have to find a new job.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:46 am

Like others.
I wear camo outside of the woods but not my hunting camo.

I have UA camo workout shirts, long and short sleeve.
Hats.
Beanies.
Cargo shorts.
Cargo pants.
White camo, green camo.
It's actually a fashion statement (to non-hunters) in my "neck of the woods"
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:59 am

I think when people wear camo for everyday they tend to look like redneck dorks. We are trying hard enough to keep all our guns, ammo etc. without looking like the sterotypical part that all the conservative knuckleheads think we are.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Next

Return to Clothing