Any one been in the woods latley?

DeerCamp

Any one been in the woods latley?

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:15 am

Been going up to the UP a lot.. Been seeing a lotta deer, no bucks yet.. What about you?
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

69Viking

RE: Any one been in the woods latley?

Postby 69Viking » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:16 am

Haven't made it out the woods lately, a little too hot still down here in the South. Looking to get out later this month or early September to get our fall food plots established. I'm definitely itching to get to the woods, just a little bit longer!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Well today i finished getting my bow stand concealed and shooting lanes cleared, it looks pretty good and our plots came in well! I posted pics in a couple posts on here today if ya wanna check em out. Today should be one of the last times I'm out there before the season starts, i'll prob go out there once or maybe twice more just to make sure everything is where it needs to be come opening morning!

Also, last night before i headed out to the bar I saw about 11 deer in that field my friends fiance's grandma owns and i stopped just real quick since everyone wanted to get there soon [8|] but two were bucks, i couldn't count points real good, they were kinda far out there but i saw horns on two, they were prob 8 pt's at the most, still they were big enough to see from the road and it was cool to see a couple more bucks! That brings my count to 43 deer in that field so far this summer, I know some are probably the same deer but I can't tell from the road really lol!

Good luck in your final summer preparations, ill be heading up to the thumb to start scouting out for gun season in the next couple weeks, I'm hoping to really scout out and find some great spots for November!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:39 pm

I get out at least once a week. I purposely try to make a little noise so I don't scare the heck out of the deer. I'm checking cameras and plots on 3 three spots, and I have 2 others, I stumbled into that I 'll need to get over to cut some lanes. I haven't seen much to speak of. Lot's of fawns. Most of them have lost their spots. 

wolf60

Postby wolf60 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:16 am

Just got back from a scouting up north. We found a few ridges with alot of acorns on public land. We would drive down to the next oak ridge and there were little or no acorns. Hopefully come Oct.11 , when I will be able to hunt there , there wont be alot of other hunters hunting those same ridges. Only time will tell. Good luck to all you other bowhunters out there this season.

Return to Michigan