New knife

2tonyb

New knife

Postby 2tonyb » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:44 pm

I thought I'd share a pic of my new knife.  It comes with a gut hook tool rather than having the gut hook as part of the blade.  Made by Buck, it is a new model called the ErgoHunter Pro.  The "Pro" comes from the upgraded steel (S30V).  Can't wait to give this knife some action this fall!

bowbrown

RE: New knife

Postby bowbrown » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:07 am

Looks like a nice knife and I like that the gut hook is seperate they seem to get in the way when they are on the blade. The blade looks to be pretty thick.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:07 am

Nice knife - I've got a Buck folder with S30V steel.  Stays sharp.  Even spent a couple of nights in a creek where my brother lost it for a while with no damage.

Buck makes a good knife.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:15 am

Very nice knife! I too like the fact it has a separate gut hook, I can see myself buying this knife before too long. Question - Did you find it at a local store or have to buy it online?

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:23 am

I did buy the knife through an auction site "Store".  I'm guessing that the only retail stores that will have them will be Cabelas, Bass Pro, and other big sporting goods stores.  They are just hitting the market so they may even be hard to find at the retail stores.  I can tell that if you look carefully, one auction site store has them much cheaper than the others!

Return to Misc. Accessories