Advice Needed (Warning: Gross)

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
tnt1960

RE: Advice Needed (Warning: Gross)

Postby tnt1960 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 am

Just do what I do every morning. When you first wake up, just think of who is running this country, and it will scare the "you know what" out of you. LOL
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:50 pm

Now that's being a bit extreme! You want to get the plumbing going, not getting yourself so depressed that you want to kill yourself!!!! [:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:42 am

Well its been a few months so this topic was due to resurface.  Ok, I'll admit it, I'm BORED....and I get a chuckle out of this thread!  Incidentally, Joe I think I have a solution:  If you reverse engineer a Thermacell, cross the wires and switch the polarity on the fan, it would suck in all the odor, filter it through those honeysuckle smelling repellent cartridges and WAH-LAH..problem solved...what do ya think?  I know..like I said I was really bored today! [8D]

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:47 am

[:D][:D][:D]
Love it DeanoZ!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:52 am

Farts in chest waders while duck hunting are bad enough, but I had an awful experience I'm not proud of, but will share here. It did not happen while hunting, but rather with a boatload of pretty girls.

A few years ago, I was on a scuba diving vacation with my wife in Fiji.  Something I had eaten the night before disagreed with my digestive tract something fierce (probably uncooked veggies in the mango salsa).  We usually spend around 70 minutes underwater on each dive.  However, ten minutes into this dive, it became abundantly clear by the gurgling in my belly that I needed to expell some previously enjoyed food...quickly.  I managed to hold it by keeping in my mind that there was a head (toilet) on the boat.  We still had a second dive to do that morning before we returned to the resort, which was a 40 minute boat ride away.  As I surfaced & was nearing the ladder to get out of the water and back on the boat, there was an explosion in my wetsuit.  If you've never worn a wetsuit, they keep you warm by using body heat to warm the water that naturally seeps into the suit.  The only openings in a wetsuit are at the wrists, ankles, neck, and the zipper. Thankfully, gravity was on my side. The bottom of my wetsuit was tucked into my dive boots, so nothing leaked out, but rather into my boots. Squish, squish, squish.  That particular wetsuit was a back-zip model and the zipper tab had a lanyard attached to it so I could get in & out myself. As the boat headed to a beautiful empty beach for the surface interval, I stood on the dive deck in my soiled wetsuit.  Across from me was another diver who, like me, was still wearing her wetsuit, also hanging out on the dive deck. My suspicions were confirmed that she'd suffered the same fate as me, when everyone else went up to the palm trees at the top of the beach to enjoy hot drinks and cookies, as we cleaned out our wetsuits in the shallows.  I carry an extra pair of swim trunks in my gear bag for emergencies, which I changed into and left my soiled shorts tied to the anchor line to rinse. Thankfully, most of the solids stayed in the swim trunks. I washed my wetsuit out three times that evening in the outdoor shower and once more the next morning for general purposes.

When I prepare to hunt, I usually eat a little earlier the evening before and do my morning constitutional before I shower down.  I also don't eat before I go to the woods.  It makes me meaner & hungrier for venison that way.  I keep some food & water in my pack, along with more T.P. than could possibly be used in several sittings.  I had to sacrifice a couple of camo bandanas when I had no paper, which taught me a lesson.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:22 pm

I just want to say thanks again JPH for starting this.[:D][:D]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 pm

ORIGINAL: Cut N Run

The bottom of my wetsuit was tucked into my dive boots, so nothing leaked out, but rather into my boots. Squish, squish, squish.  

Well JPH, it looks like Cut N Run discovered the perfect base layer for you.[:D] 
Problem solved!
Dave M.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:11 pm

TMI!!!!! TMI!!!!  TMI!!!! [:'(]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

tnt1960

Postby tnt1960 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:41 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

[size="4"]TMI!!!!! TMI!!!!  TMI!!!! [:'(][/size]
I agree! I`m getting a visual here! So much for my appetite! [:'(]
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:35 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

I just want to say thanks again JPH for starting this.[:D][:D]

Ditto!!!! [:D][:D][:D]  ....  Cut n' Run, I don't think my thermacell idea can help you out [;)]

PreviousNext

Return to Best Practices