Do you wear camo outside of hunting?

DEERSLAYERJOHN

RE: Do you wear camo outside of hunting?

Postby DEERSLAYERJOHN » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:46 pm

I wear camo quite often, mainly a shirt. For us that are messy eaters, the camo helps hide food stains and spills and my wife doesn't fuss at me as much in public. If this makes me Redneck then so be it.Being from the south,I take this as an honor.

tnt1960

Postby tnt1960 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:09 am

I wear camo all the time, not just during hunting season. I also have it throughout my house. I have camo drapes in my bedrooms, I have camo coffee mugs, and I even have camo pajamas. It`s not just a fashion statement, it`s a lifestyle! My next thing I`m getting, is a camo mailbox.
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:26 am

ORIGINAL: hunter_girl

I wear my camo coat all winter long and you have to understand where I work most of them look down on hunting and besides I am a girl.  The guys I met don't seem to mind.  Great ice breaker and conversation starter. [;)]   I don't have "hunting camo" and "casual camo".  Heck, I really don't wear camo to the woods except for my coat.  I wear jeans, sweat pants.  Never had problem not seeing deer.  They don't seem to mind what I am wearing.. ha ha Just like to say hi to you all.  I am new to the forum.  Good ole GA girl that loves the outdoors from hunting to fishing or sitting in the middle of the woods with no power or running water enjoying the birds singing and crickets churping.[:D]  Ahhhh, nature.  Hope everyone has a good one!

Welcome aboard hunter girl!

CountryBoy55

Postby CountryBoy55 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:04 am

I have a ball cap I wear quite often and a reversable camo / hunter orange vest I will wear ocassionally when the weather is cool.  Other than that, the only camo clothes I have is a 3-D leaf coverall and a face cover.  These may help me blend in in the woods, but in public, it kind of has the opposite effect!  [:D]
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you." -- Max Lucado

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:32 pm

I wear cammo shorts in the summer and a camo ball cap. Then in the cooler months, I'll wear camo zip up fleece jacket our a camo pullover/hoody of some sort. I usually do not wear my 'real' hunting clothes except when hunting. They last longer this way plus it keeps them from trapping odors that might not get out.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:29 pm

The same response that many posted . I wear camo often when not hunting and it's not the same camo that I wear when I hunt . What's the big deal ! Are we supposed to hide in the closet when we aren't hunting and sneak into the woods to put it on for fear of upsetting anti-hunters . Give me a break !
Semper Fi !

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:50 am

Amen to that.

dewey

Postby dewey » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:06 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

Other than a cap, no.

Same for me.
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

Stickman

Postby Stickman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:17 pm

I do not wear camo unless I am hunting. I guess wearing camo every day for 8 years in the military will make you do that.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:40 pm

I never wore camo during my 4 years in the military . It was strictly "olive drab" ! Semper Fi !
Semper Fi !

PreviousNext

Return to Clothing