Pop-Up Blinds???

DeerCamp

RE: Pop-Up Blinds???

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:06 am

I live and hunt in Michigan. My pop up blind is the Primos Eclipse.( Here is a link https://shop.primos.com/pc-1145-136-the-eclipse.aspx ) I take the blind down after I am done using it, unless I am hunting privet property. When I have left it out I have never had a problem with animals getting into it. I have even left corn in it one time while hunting in the UP for over 11 days, and had no problems. I really like this blind. Its big and you can stand up. I like the fact that I can stand up and stretch. It also has shoot threw windows, which is a very nice feature as the animal you are hunting can not see threw them. Its very easy to put up and take down and very quite. It has a large top that you can unzip and use for bird hunting if you wanted, I have used this for deer and turkey.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

bobow

Postby bobow » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:32 pm

I have a Double Bull Matrix 360 I used last year for my first year bow hunting.  I left it up all year and ended up replacing 9 or 10 of the rods due to heavy snow at different times.

I finally got a little wise eventually and now have a center pole for when I leave.

I didn't have any problems with critters but when the poles snapped the one time I got two small rips in the fabric.  I was able to get it repaired at a local tent/awning shop.

I have wondered about moving it around and whether or not to brush it in or leaving it in one spot to let them get used to it while brushing it in some.  Six one or half dozen the other I guess. 

I can't climb and being able to move around and be comfortable is a good thing.  The first small buck I ever got was last year and he came running in and stopped 6' from me and just looked at me.  He was downwind at the time so maybe the fresh earth stirred up in the floor helped.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

riobaseball27

Postby riobaseball27 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 pm

[font="times new roman"]I like them for taking little guys hunting and I do not think young deer mind them, but unless you are drawing them in with bait I do not think you are going to see a ton of mature deer with a pop up.  [/font]

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:02 am

do NOT buy one... until you check out the Yukon Tracks Enforcer Elite! 
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Cgull

Postby Cgull » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:32 am

I like Retiredsailor use mine as another tool for seeing more deer. If it's going to be wet and cold, I'll hunt from my ameristep. Or maybe game are passing where there are no trees to hang a stand , I'll use my popup. I can also use the pop ups for getting some great wildlife photos of all sorts. I brush mine in with vegetation from the area and leave so the game get used to it.. Good tool I think so Wihs I had a couple more I could brush in..

BrinleeRanchHunts

Postby BrinleeRanchHunts » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:42 pm

We use them on our ranch in west Texas some. They definitely have their uses, i.e., lightweight, portable, etc., come in real handy for bow hunting and specifically hunting an area that shows good deer sign.

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:52 am

The best thing about blinds is YOU CAN'T FALL OUT OF THEM!!

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!!   [:D]

I was hunting out of my blind and I set up on the edge of a field that gently sloped downhill.  Awesome corner spot.  I tucked the blind in under some pine trees that offered beautiful natural concealment.  So I got the whole blind setup then I went to setup my chair.  I sat down and the one leg must have found a hole or something because the chair tipped over forward and to my left.  Inside the blind there is absolutely nothing to grab.  Over I went.  I fell right into the corner of the blind.  The blind of course, followed suit.  I made one complete somersault with the blind.  It must have been absolutely hysterical to see and in spite of myself, I laughed the whole way over. 

Once I got the blind re-setup, I had a great hunt.  I took a shot later that day at a nice big doe but I unfortunately shot the arrow right under.  

I will say this about blinds.....

They offer more comfort however, it's been my experience that deer do notice them and are very cautious around them.  It's definitely best if you can set them up ahead of time and add natural concealment.  If not, try to set up the blind in as concealed a place as possible.  Turkeys on the other hand seem to be completely oblivious to them.  You can set the blind right out on a field and they simply do not care.

Hunting Ohio

Postby Hunting Ohio » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:19 pm

I got a Primos Double Bull blind and love it. For wet days in the field and for me and my brother. Since we are fliming some hunts. We just made sure to get it brushed in real good. Had a buddy not brush one in and the deer would come out stomping and blowing at it.
"Cant get the big one if you dont pass the young ones"
Hunt safe and good luck!

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Has anyone used the hub style blind by Remington?  Its on clearence at my local wal-mart right now for $64 (originally $110).  I didn't look at the box carefully enough tonight so I'm just wondering if its a pop-up style and any performance reviews.  I googled it and found nothing, went to Remington's website...nothing, go to walmart.com....nothing. I never found anything on their tree stands either for that matter.  What gives?! [:@] 
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

Previous

Return to Treestands