Bow Hunting Land needed

Swandog09

Bow Hunting Land needed

Postby Swandog09 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:04 am

Hi to everyone,

I have been hunting (Bow and Gun) in WI for that last 27 years.  I have been a resident of IL since 1992 and in the past have not minded the long drive for short weekends a field.

My wife and I just had our first child (started late) and going up to WI for the bow season will not as accessable as in years past.

I was wondering if anybody knew of land that was available for lease or if anyone these days just lets hunters have access (I realize that is most likely a pipe dream) but you never know.

Also, was wondering if anyone had advise on how to approach landowners?

I live in Woodstock, IL (McHenry CO).  Would appreicate any advise...Thanks

wiqdma

RE: Bow Hunting Land needed

Postby wiqdma » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:51 am

Hey,

Bow or gun or both?  I might have an opening on my lease in Jo Daviess county.  It would be relatively inexpensive.  I am from WI... where did you hunt in the past?

Let me know what your thoughts are and maybe we can work something out!

Take care,

WIQDMA

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:06 am

Wow...now thats showing the love for a fellow hunter in need!!!!  Awesome wiqdma!

Swandog09

Postby Swandog09 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:28 am

Wiqdma,

Yes, I would be interested for Bow only.  I was born and  rasied in Wisconsin Rapids, WI and have been hunting around Babcock and Big Flats (Juneau and Adams county).

You can contact me at stevenmicaelswanson@yahoo.com to discuss more.  Look forward to talking with you and Thanks!!! 

epapineau

Postby epapineau » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:22 am

I always found it helpful to assure the land owner that you would leave his land in better condition than you found it. i.e. pick up any trash you come across while scouting or hunting. I gotta say, it is very difficult to find a land owner that will just let you hunt without paying for it now a days! I only had luck like that because I grew up here and know the land owners. 

Return to Illinois