North Illinois Plot strategy?? w/pics

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
wiqdma

RE: North Illinois Plot strategy?? w/pics

Postby wiqdma » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:24 pm

Sounds good!  This is my first year leasing land in Illinois... I have hunted Pike, Jefferson and Jo Daviess in the past, but always on private land without a lease.  It is getting harder to do that all of the time!

Keep in touch,  I plan on being on the land next weekend as well.  Need to pick up some of the cameras and make some last adjustments on some tree stands.

WIQDMA

GeneSplicer

Postby GeneSplicer » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:59 am

Well... seems I double ordered seed... I placed an order with Main Street Seed and Supply on-line, then found out they were out of stock until the 27th... anyway, several days went by and I decided to order some shot plot and pro-vide by Evolved from cabaela and e-mailed the other to cancel... well 2 days went by and the seed and supply decided they had it in stock, billed my CC and say they've shipped it.... I guess they needed the money really bad...  So now I have enough seed for maybe 4 acres!  Do you think it'll keep until next year?  Anyway, the seed will be drilled this weekend depending on weather...

So Wiqdma, did you see any potentials on your cameras?

wiqdma

Postby wiqdma » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Food plot seed will keep... keep it high and dry!

Lots of 2 year olds and a few threes.  No real slammers yet.  I have seen them in the area though.

Can't wait!   Will be there again this weekend scouting from a distance.

Keep in touch

WIQDMA

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want to do and a good start.  For the timeframe you're hunting, I'd recommend a brassica and/or turnups maybe.  Best of luck, and welcome to the forum!
QDM!

Previous

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management