New to the Forum!

BigCTD

New to the Forum!

Postby BigCTD » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:43 am

Just wanted to introduce my self and say hello... I have been hunting here in SE michigan for quite some time and have been reading this forum for a while as well. I mainly check the forums for new Michigan news but browse everything else for fun. I want to wish everyone great scouting and an even better season!

HoneyHole

RE: New to the Forum!

Postby HoneyHole » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:55 am

Welcome and good luck to yourself!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:50 am

Welcome! What part of SE Mich? I'm located in st. Clair County and hunt in St.Clair and Huron counties.
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

BigCTD

Postby BigCTD » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am

ORIGINAL: Demoderby4

Welcome! What part of SE Mich? I'm located in st. Clair County and hunt in St.Clair and Huron counties.

I mainly hunt Washtenaw, Livingston, Lenawee but sometime cross to Jackson Co. Im from Whitmore Lake though!

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:22 am

Welcome BigCTD! Glad to have another great hunter come on here and check in the new and events in Michigan.. Keep sticking around and your going to learn a lot!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:37 am

[/quote]

I mainly hunt Washtenaw, Livingston, Lenawee but sometime cross to Jackson Co. Im from Whitmore Lake though!
[/quote]

Thats cool, i hope this year is productive for ya! Keep us updated. Welcome again!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

BigCTD

Postby BigCTD » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:49 am

Thanks Guys!!

I put in hundreds of hours shed hunting, scouting, planning, reading, patterning the deer i hunt Ill watch a deer for months and plan 3 days to hunt him. I hope this season will be another successful year for everyone. I try to not shoot anything under 3.5 yrs old and i generally wont hunt anything smaller then an 8. I have a 140 (im hoping he grows into the 150's come September) class 8 point i named Rudy already on the hit list year but i have been watching him for 3 years now. we have a little footage of him and a crappy set of pictures pulled off of a video. This year he will be 5.5 years old and is PERFECT as far as tine length and symmetry is concerned.

I hunt with 2 other guys that are pretty serious hunters as well and we all try and keep one another's hopes up when it seems hopeless but currently everyone of us have a deer "picked out" so to speak for this season...

Rudy, James Brown, and Freddy Krueger are there names... We name them instead of saying "the big 8, the wide 12, etc..."

DeerCamp - I am hoping to learn more and more from everyone. It's almost everyday I learn, think about, or re-think something I thought!!

Thanks again for the welcomes and Good luck to everyone on your up coming season!!

tnt1960

Postby tnt1960 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:23 am

Welcome BigCTD to D&DH forum. I`m from Michigan also. The more Michiganians the better! [:)]
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:37 am

BigCTD,
Welcome to the forum. I hunt Indiana and Alabama mostly but my FIL has a farm in Isabella County MI so I kinda keep an eye on the Michigan pages,too. I've gotta let my wife read your post. She thinks that I'm the only one who names deer. I even have names for a few of the doe that frequent our fields. Glad to know someone else suffers the same disease

BigCTD

Postby BigCTD » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:19 am

ORIGINAL: Wanderer

BigCTD,
Welcome to the forum. I hunt Indiana and Alabama mostly but my FIL has a farm in Isabella County MI so I kinda keep an eye on the Michigan pages,too. I've gotta let my wife read your post. She thinks that I'm the only one who names deer. I even have names for a few of the doe that frequent our fields. Glad to know someone else suffers the same disease

HA HA HA... Yep we both have the same disease.....

Return to Michigan