Log Book , Second Edition

chestsprings

Log Book , Second Edition

Postby chestsprings » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Posted this on another topic, as I'm not sure where it shoould be. please excuse me, if this is the wrong place.

While lookiing thru some of my old books/magazines, I came across this:

Deer & Deer Hunting Log Book, Second Edition.

It's in perfect condition.

Published in 1988

looking at Amazon.com, Abesbook's , & other book "stores", I can find no mention of this log book.

Is this "rare", or just another log book ?

Is the "Log Book" still published ?

any comments

Thanks

Gene

Goose

RE: Log Book , Second Edition

Postby Goose » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:49 am

Ill see if I can get someone to answer this for ya, it may be a couple of days so hold on.[;)]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

chestsprings

Postby chestsprings » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:55 am

thanks

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:39 pm

For whatever it's worth, I searched this on one of the used book search engines I use, and I found three copies (dated 1987), each listed at $5.00.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

chestsprings

Postby chestsprings » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Steve,

I appreciate the info.

can you tell me what site I can look at for this. tried "abebooks", "Bing, & Goggle", & couldn't find any thing. I have some other books that are over 30+ yrs. old, such as Gene Wensel's Bowhunting Rutting Whitetails. some one told me it was "rare" as in 1982 he changed it to Hunting Rutting Whitetails.

that's why if you don't mind, I would like to know the "old books search engines" you use.

as I said, this says , "published in 1988 by Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine, copyright 1988.

maybe it's a later second edition, since the ones you saw are 1987 ?

probably is a $5.00 log.

does Deer & Deer Hunting still produce log books. I remember seeing one that said , third edition.

thanks

Gene

Dan Schmidt

Postby Dan Schmidt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 am

Hi Gene,

Yes, the logbook is rare. Not worth a lot, but rare nonetheless! We haven't published one in many years. In fact, the year I started here (15 years ago) was the last time we did one, but it wasn't as nice as the one you have. I don't even have copies anymore!

Thanks for your support of D&DH.

Best,
Dan

chestsprings

Postby chestsprings » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 am

Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info.

had this log book stashed away with a lot of other books/magazines I had, don't even remember opeining it up to look at it.

will probably store it again for another day.

Gene

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:48 am

Gene:
Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

The used book search engine I use most is http://used.addall.com/

For the logbook, I typed in Deer & Deer Hunting on the author line and Log Book onthe title line. Three results came up. This search engine searches ABE and Alibris, among many others.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

chestsprings

Postby chestsprings » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:22 pm

Steve,

Thanks for the link. It's one of the same ones I use..

I saw all three showed a 1987 date, which lead me to believe they were log book, first edition, as I thought.

I sent each advertiser an e-mail, asking what edition the log book was, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Two replied back , they are first edition, which are fairly common, & that's why a $5.00 price tag.

Hey! My second edition may be less, they were not aware of the second edition. One expressed an interest in my second edition.

Have not heard from the other site yet, but since it says 1987, it's also probably first edition.

I'm adding a picture of the second edition, as it seems "unique" now.

Again thanks for the info.

Gene

Return to Books/DVDs/Magazines