Deer rubs??? what do you think?

Tracks, Rubs, Scrapes, Trails, Etc.
JOEL

RE: Deer rubs??? what do you think?

Postby JOEL » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:46 pm

it seems odd that there are no other scratches on the tree.multiple tines leave marks on the sides and whatnot
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:22 pm

I think its a damn sasquach!

I hope for your sake its a nice mature buck instead of a bear!
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

GAbowhunter

Postby GAbowhunter » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:28 pm

I guess BEAR..

I would set up my Cuddiebacks to see for sure, BUT make sure you have a Bear proof camera case or he may rip your camera apart....

jneece

Postby jneece » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:29 am

as fresh as the lower marking was you should have found black hair on the tree. i would put up camera or look again.if buck , worth your time.good luck
rockytop

wolf60

Postby wolf60 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:23 am

I would guess it was either a bear or a neighbor with a sense of humor. Seriously, I have never seen a buck rub where the antlers didn't go around the tree.I have never seen a rub where the deer just dug into the center of the tree. I have seen where tines have dug into the tree but there was always tine marks on the sides of the tree as well. Even moose and elk only rub trees that their antlers will go around. But, just because I have never seen it does not mean that it has never happened. Anyone else ever see where a deer just dug into the center of a tree? I would be intrested to know. Good luck and hunt safe.  Frank

Previous

Return to All About Deer Sign