Anyone a member of QDM?

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
Demoderby4

RE: Anyone a member of QDM?

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Just got my first Quality Whitetails issue! I have loved it so far, a lot of great research, studies, and info on food plots and co ops. It's making me jealous lol! I'm also going to attend a SE MI seminar on the 15th of August. I'm a little nervous since I don't really know anyone thats gonna be there lol. But I'm really excited to go and check it out, great speaker and an awesome chance to look at some very well managed land. Is anyone else going to this?
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:37 pm

I agree with you on the Quality Whitetails magazine, it is a great read if you are into land management/conservation.

Let me know how that seminar goes, I was thinking of attending one here in WI.

Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Yeah I have really enjoyed it so far. I will def. let you know how it goes, I can't wait!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:15 am

Well the QDMA meeting/seminar went pretty well on saturday. The guest speaker was Tony LaPratt and his presentation was really good and I would love to listen to him a lot more, and one day hopefully go to his boot camp, and use his tactics on my place whenever I hopefully buy some land. It was nice to hear someone talk about smaller properties and everything like that, it would be cool to have like a 10,000 acre ranch but for 95% of people that will never happen and I feel that Tony is more of the type of speaker for the "average" land owner. The tour of the QDM managed property was pretty cool, it was a work in progress but it was still cool to see what needs to be done and how some people set their land up. It was an overall good experience and would attend another event like it. I recommend attending something like this if you are a member or if it's a non member invite type of thing. Really informational.
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks demoderby4! I will have to try to attend one next year.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Previous

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management