new seasons and over the counter

Lot to Learn 2

new seasons and over the counter

Postby Lot to Learn 2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:53 am

What is everyone's take on all the changes we have coming? As I understand once you use your tags for the season you can buy over the counter 1st come 1st serve, I have not seen this part in writing but I assume that is doe only. Has anyone seen what counties this applies to? 

bigmezz

RE: new seasons and over the counter

Postby bigmezz » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Gun season???

Lot to Learn 2

Postby Lot to Learn 2 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:16 am

yep, I am really excited about it. I have heard some people complaining and I was hoping to hear the reasoning against this, I don't understand but I am probably not thinking of the entire picture. I think the most exciting part is the late season addition. It went from the 3 days to season, the 1st one is 4 days between Christmas and New Years and the 2nd is later in Jan. Again, if anyone has any idea how to find out what counties all of this applies to, would love to find out. I am in Greene so  I am pretty sure we will be included.

ILBowhunter

Postby ILBowhunter » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:30 pm

I think this is a modification of the late-season antlerless only hunting allowed in some counties.  The seasons are Dec 31- Jan 3 and Jan 15-17.  There will be permits available over the counter after the second gun season in Dec.  I suspect they will be monitoring the kill and issue additional permits in some counties based on the numbers.  Of course, as has been the case in the past, in those counties with a late-season antlerless gun hunt, you will be able to use still valid permits from the earlier gun seasons.

I am not sure why people would be concerned about this, unless of course, they are bowhunters.  I am usually out bowhunting for some of the days spanned by Dec 31 - Jan 3, but won't be if the guns are in the woods.

ILBowhunter

Postby ILBowhunter » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Here's a press release with the details...
http://www.dnr.state.il.us/pubaffairs/2009/May/deer.html

Return to Illinois