Last day buck??

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
msbadger

RE: Last day buck??

Postby msbadger » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:17 pm

WIQDMA...I never said anything about educating for deer biology and never said there is'nt an age structure in wht.tail herds...what I said or reffered to is the "education" of killing bucks of an age that you deem appropriate...and it's that type of general presumption of high mindedness that turns ppl off from QDM....The ppl in this forum know that I plan ...plant and work my lands to improve the wild life...they also know I shoot what I deem good for our area...but I don't hunt horns... sorry and if I feel I'd like to take a smaller buck to fill a tag and my freezer...well thats what I'll do and ppl who tout the almighty 150+ "class" deer. can just shake their heads until their necks collapse.....By the way that does'nt make me any less a hunter than you...and my dear I'm up at 4am and in my woods by 5am from the middle of Oct-the end of Dec...and thats everyday I'm healthy and when I'm not ...it's afternoon hunts...and who cares...hunting for me is a way of life not a contest...TV show...tax right off...bragging right ...endorsement getter...ect
 So here's an idea...perhaps to further the QDM idea...try to keep the rack ruckus to a bare minimum...tour and the BB.. you may see it's turning ppl off from that group...when they actually do good work...upto that point... 

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Oh..and the shooting doe thing...take a good look because your TV professionals and deer farmers "we won't mention names"  geez...well in the last year or so...have been doing a bit of back peddling on that issue...so ya.... I'll stick to my guns and openly say that IMO QDM is still dropping the ball in their education of doe hunting

drvsarchryhnt

Postby drvsarchryhnt » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:18 pm

I would try to loose that buck for the moment, if it is not that perfect catch to have. If that buck would not be on the best quality, its useless to have it. Its better to have my tag and be back for the next season.

Previous

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management