New 2009-10 Rules are posted

shaman

New 2009-10 Rules are posted

Postby shaman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:37 am

New KY 2009-10 Rules are posted

I'll let you know if I see anything big that's changed.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

shaman

RE: New 2009-10 Rules are posted

Postby shaman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 am

The only big changes I found from the new rules:

[font="arial"]  [/font]
[font="arial"] [/font] [font="arial"] DEER[/font]
[font="arial"] [/font] [font="arial"] Zone changes: Meade and Breckenridge counties are now Zone 3. [/font]
[font="arial"] [/font] [font="arial"] Antlerless deer may now be harvested during the entire 9-day late muzzleloader season in Zone 4 (Dec. 12-20). [/font]
[font="arial"] [/font]  [font="arial"]

Of course you have the bear season, but it is only 10 bears over three days in 3 counties-- just enough to light a fire under the antis.  We had one roaming around the farm not to long ago my neigbor, O.T. saw it from his porch.

[/font]
[font="arial"]
[/font]
[font="arial"]
[/font]

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:48 am

Zone 4's in Ky added Doe Tags to the Dec. Black powder season full nine days.

Shaman on the bear tags I'm believing its 5 (sows) or ten bears.Local warden said if the 5 (sow) limit was reached first they would shut the season down regardless if 10 bears where taken or not.

shaman

Postby shaman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 am

http://fw.ky.gov/newsrelease.asp?nid=605

Hunting Equipment Clarification for 2009-10 Seasons

Aug 25, 2009

Aug 25, 2009

Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources is clarifying hunting equipment regulations for hunters who hold valid concealed carry deadly weapon permits. Under the Kentucky concealed carry deadly weapon law, KRS 237.110, holders of these permits are permitted to carry firearms during archery-only or archery/crossbow hunting seasons, and to carry firearms and ammunition that may be contrary to hunting equipment caliber or ammunition requirements. However, it is illegal for any person to take game with firearms during seasons when firearms are prohibited, or with any equipment listed as illegal for taking game.

This clarification is available as a one-page supplement to the 2009-10 Kentucky Hunting & Trapping Guide at fw.ky.gov. The supplement provides an updated page 3 to the guide, which hunters can print out and place inside their copy. Hunters who have not yet picked up their copy of this year's hunting guide can print the updated guide in its entirety at fw.ky.gov.

Hunters who do not hold valid concealed carry deadly weapon permits must abide by the equipment regulations exactly as they appear in each section of the 2009-10 Kentucky Hunting & Trapping Guide. Those with valid permits should note the exception when reviewing regulations regarding legal hunting equipment for all game, including deer, turkey, elk, bear, small game and furbearer species.

This concerns a last minute "clarification" to the rules, put into an appendedpage 3 of the guide.

It clarifies the legality of carrying a concealed firearm during a season that would otherwise prohibit it.

I have to admit that I was against this, but as I looked at the situation more, I realized I was looking at it with old eyes.  When I came of age as a bow hunter, the issue was hunters carrying a pistol into the woods ostensibly to "finish the deer" after a bow shot.  It was impossible to figure out after the fact if the deer had been finished by the pistol or if the deer had been hunted with the pistol and an arrow had been run through them post-mortem.  If you brought a deer in to a check station with a bullet hole in it and claimed it as an archery kill, who could say? 

Now, almost 30 years later, I can see where the right to carry a firearm needs to trump all. 

Return to Kentucky