Prayers go out....

msbadger

Prayers go out....

Postby msbadger » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:54 pm

To the brave fireman that lost their lives in Buffalo today. May the Lord look over them and their families...friends and co-workers

msbadger

RE: Prayers go out....

Postby msbadger » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:38 am

Well Ted Kennedy died...He fought the big "C" hard and may he be at peace.... God bless his soul and look over his Family and friends in their loss

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:08 pm

my prayers go out to those firemen and families that died the otherday, there is nothing sadder then losing a loved one unexpectantly....though their can be some sadisfation in knowing they died doing what they loved...those are brave men and heroes to us all.

Sorry, I had to remove your  last remark. It was inappropriate.
Goose

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:58 pm

msbadger, on behalf of firefighters everywhere, I want to thank you for your kind words and prayers. I actually have a bit of a connection with the Buffalo FD. I have spent a little time with several of their guys and actually spent one night drinking coffee and chasing alarms out of my firehouse in Des Moines with BFD Commissioner Mike Lombardo (a Capt. on BFD Truck 11 at the time). They are good people and great firefighters in that city. Your prayers will be put to good use and they will be back on their feet soon. Lets pray that the families who have lost their husbands/fathers/sons will recover as well.

As for Ted Kennedy, let me say that I think dtrain56's remarks are totally out of bounds. You certainly won't hear that sort of thing from any firefighters organizations. Make no mistake, I have never been a fan of Ted Kennedy. Not as a politician and not as a person. But I do not savor his death and I too pray for his family and his soul.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:52 pm

I see I must have missed something...So a thank you is in order Goose...

The liking or dislikeing of a person has no baring for me as to wishing comfort and prayers in time of sorrow...I've lost several loved ones and not so loved to cancer and it's  a terrible disease..."by the grace of God..."

JPH no thanks needed....It's a brave brave job you all do...I have a terrible fear of fire....when I was seven yrs old I saw my neighbor ...a wonderful person ...fully engulfed run down her front yard and collaps....that fire was so fast she never stood a chance and as fast and close as help was their place was gone in miniutes...Bless you all

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 am

dtrain56, your theology is out of wack. But hey, you have free will and I won't try to take that from you. Let's just let this drop.

The thread was started to honor some brothers who died in the line of duty. I'd rather not spoil that.

Return to New York