Maybe its just me......

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kribbz

Maybe its just me......

Postby kribbz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm going to rant a bit here so if you don't like it please stop reading because I'm not going to apologize (It's my first amendment right!).  Is it just me or is anyone else sick of our current administration apologizing to the world and blaming everything on the U.S.  First Obama goes around Europe/Asia and apologizes for our past foreign relations, then we play grab A** with Hugo Chavez and crew, have a few laughs with the Castro's and Mr. Geithners latest announcement today that because of our nations need for excess we are mostly to blame for the global economic downturn and people need to stop relying on our economy to hold up the world!  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!  I guess he is keeping his promise of change.  I guess I was raised with a little more pride and loyalty to my country than some.  Maybe I'll be put on some list for saying what I'm about to say but if Texas ever tries to succeed from the union I'm packing up my vehicle and joining the ranks! 

passin through

RE: Maybe its just me......

Postby passin through » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:11 pm

I agree 100%.  We were once the underdog colonies and the step children of the international community of the time.  Now we aren't.  I'm not going to apologize for it.  To the victor go the spoils and we have succeeded where others failed in a lot of different cases.  One of these days something will come along and bump the status quo enough that our elected officials will realize that you can't be a nice guy and run a first world country.  Oops sorry but if pirates based on your  shores attack my commerce vessels then I'll blockade you till I see pirates floating by.  Drag my Rangers through your streets and I'll make an instant parking lot of your city....ect.  I  won't go as far as jumping in with the Texas thing though.  There is a point to the gov that Texas IS the only Republic to ever join the Union by treaty.  However in this day and time thats lawyering and the Union can't afford to lose the lone star state .... legal or not.
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

dewey

Postby dewey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:38 am

I'll join in on the ranting.  Here mine goes.  I am freaking sick and tired of people critcizing the CIA for waterboarding/interrogating the terrorists that we caught.  If they catch one of our guys they end up beheading him/her.  We catch some of their top personnel and "convince" them that they should talk.  Its like HELLO does anybody remember 9/11.  I think it is no coincidence that there hasn't been an attack since 9/11 do to our fine men and women protecting this great country including the ones behind the scenes that are getting these pieces of $$$$ to talk.
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:44 am

Barak Obama is an America hating Marxist who has managed to pass himself off as a "moderate", thanks to the almost complete abdication of journalistic principles of the so-called mainstream media.

He is just like his wife in this regard ("This is the first time in my life that I've ever been proud of my country"...her FREQUENTLY repeated statement from the campaign trail last year), only he's much smoother than she is about it.

A simple look at his past personal acquaintances and who he chose to surround himself with is ample proof of this......William Ayers, Bernadette Dorhn, Rev. Wright, George Soros, etc.

"If it walks like a duck...."

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:23 am

Thanks for bringing that one up Dewey, forgot to mention the need to declassify documents 6 months after Bush leaves office.  God forbid Obama is put into the position to make a hard choice in his presidency but if he does I hope that the next president pulls all the cards from under the table and shows them to the world.  Anytime he is taking heat for doing something stupid he goes right back to putting up a smokescreen and the media eats it up! 

I'm glad to know that It's not just me.  Heck I can't turn on my TV anymore because if you watch that stupid thing or read a newspaper you will start thinking your crazy, "well how can I not like Obama, hell look here honey last week he walked on water!  This guy is the real deal, see it says so right here on newsweek." 

I'm off my soapbox, see this is what happens when I can't hunt or fish, is it OCTOBER 1ST YET? 

passin through

Postby passin through » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:45 am

Leaving the Prez out of it as best I can and still on my same rant from Kribbz's original post (I got interrupted by bedtime for the baby last night[:)])
I don't necessarily blame the Prez --- lord knows they have all done things that PO'd people---- I for one still think he's trying.  What he's trying being another matter!  I think he just typifies the way things have been going for years.  I don't understand it & don't pretend to.  Realpolitik enters into the equation so much its hard to say anymore what should have been done by our elected officials.  I know what I would do in some cases (or I think so anyway)and I know what I would expect an official elected by popular vote in my country to do.  Unfortunately I am often disillusioned because the official and often the popular consensus goes the other way.  I think that is the root of the problem in that a good bit of our culture accepts the blame others put on us for their problems.  Its the same old "well this poor misunderstood youth did (insert horrible thing here) because his mother beat him and sent him to bed with no supper"  Its just on a grander scale..."Poor Mr. Hugo decided to jack up oil prices today because he didn't have enough bananas growing up and he always wants to be able to afford bananas.  Poor Mr. Hugo....""Sob..Sniff""...."  [:(]
I do get tired of apologizing to the world for asinine things that they lay at our door....we do enough asinine things on our own to catch blame for (nobody's perfect)
In a perfect world we would have heeded the Original George W's advice and stayed the heck out of everybody else s business.  We would take care of our friends, mind our own business, forgive little and forget nothing.  Our enemies would be given no mercy and quarter only if asked for. 
Take for example Gitmo'.......OK, I agree it should be closed.  It is a financial drain.  If the prisoners haven't talked by now then they probably aren't.  What to do with them?  Very simple if you don't bury them in Cuba.  Drop all 200 of them into Angola, Louisiana or Huntsville, Texas into the general inmate population.  Problem solved in a week.  I am certainly not going to apologize for what we do with illegitimate combatants in a war.  If they want to be martyrs so bad let'em. 
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

MHHC S. IL

Postby MHHC S. IL » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 am

I think you guys might appreciate this:

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/2008198091324

LIVE AT FULL DRAW

John1961

Postby John1961 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 am

Like Toby Keith say's, " Were put a boot in you ASS, That's the American Way". Nope not sorry a bit.
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

dewey

Postby dewey » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:51 am

I got an email after the savior was inaugurated and it said that he only spent $150 million on parties and whatever else.  But 4 years early Bush was criticized for spending $45 million for the same parties and security.  Quite the double standard, not surprising to me or anyone else reading this forum.  The facts aren't exactly right but I think they are pretty close.  The new American motto is becoming "Its not my fault it is somebody else's fault"
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:36 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090424/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_pentagon_abuse_photos

I rest my case!!!  Why is it the american publics right to see pictures of what's going on over there?  As far as I'm concerned, if you've served your country it's a right, if you haven't SHUT THE H*LL UP AND SAY THANKS FOR THE FREEDOM OTHER HAVE PROVIDED FOR YOU! 

To quote Jack "You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"

Next

Return to Off Topic