Type 94 licenses (Tennessee)

Does your state have a deer regulation that defies common sense?
hard county

Type 94 licenses (Tennessee)

Postby hard county » Tue May 06, 2008 4:01 pm

In my area of west tennessee, every game warden and state official I have met has preached one thing "kill more does!" They are exactly right, our buck doe ratios are heavily skewed and deer are overpopulated in every sense of the word.
Now to the part that makes no sense, in Tennessee you buy a primary license (big game) which allows you to kill a buck. If you want, you are then allowed to purchase a type 94 license which allows you to kill a doe? The result, meat hunters pass on does and kill immature bucks while the population continues to grow.

Legnip

RE: Type 94 licenses (Tennessee)

Postby Legnip » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:53 am

I can't say that I have looked closely at the TN regulations in a couple months. The season is just a short time away, but I've always found the TN limits to be quite liberal on the doe population. I have a Sportsmans License and able to harvest up to 3 does a day, not that I would want to do that, but there is only so much room in the freezer. You can also apply for the doe permits for the county that you would like to hunt. It seems like many permits aren't distributed every year.

You should take up bowhunting. The weather is nice and you can harvest bucks and does. Enjoy.
From those who much is given, much is expected

timm151

RE: Type 94 licenses (Tennessee)

Postby timm151 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:58 am

In missouri you used to have to buy your Buck or anydeer tag first $17 then you could purchase your first antlerless tagfor $10 then your 2-howmany you wanted for $7 each. Because of the number of deer in Mo, and the want to harvest more does, you can now opt for the Antlerless only and it was $7 last year. I think it is going up to $10 this year. This is for in-state hunters only. Out-of-state hunter still have to buy their Buck tag first.

Return to Dumb deer laws