You know I don't complain....

msbadger

You know I don't complain....

Postby msbadger » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Just to hear myself...it's because I've either seen or been privy to information. Last year I really got going here about NY's nuicense permits ...and how they have been over issued and widely abused....not to mention now they are free and we hunters have to pay for ours....
Well I got my NY out door news today...in it was an article about some guys caught hunting velvet bucks on the nuicense tags they got....they showed the DEC holding the racks...bad enough.... but thats not what has me ....just wild!!! The tags were given   14 of them to a property that had 1(one) FOOD PLOT! Now when I had the DEC come out to investigate a differant incident, they stood in my drive way and told me that all applicants had the property checked for damage...WHAT!...who's the brainiack that checked out this guys food plot? When is the DEC going to wake up?....by the way sales are down and the paper reported that guys are openly saying they have no intentions of getting tags and will be shooting deer...as I mentioned in another post......Now, when looking at each Unit...Where are all the ECO posted...in the NYC area...nice....I need to edit that not all but most ECO's...21 in Soffolk county alone....we  have 3

blehr621

RE: You know I don't complain....

Postby blehr621 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:48 pm

no friggin kiddin!!! what i love is seeing guys get dmp's for units no where near where they hunt and tagging them illegaly in the wrong wmu... they give out a given number for each wmu for a reason... and they are the first ones to bitch that there are no deer where they hunt...
You can't eat the horns, but it sure is difficult to show off your meat when you have guests over...

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:30 pm

This state has everything more screwed up now than it has in awhile. I dont know a single person who normally gets their doe permits who are gonna apply this year. F*** them A******* is the normal response. Guess which state wont reach there management goals not to mention the spike in poaching that will probably occur. My hats off to our great state assembly and the Ass that replaced the pimp that was our governor for F'ing up everything once again. Guess who motorist are gonna blame when they smack a deer. Wont be our state government. Not to mention the drop in sales will also directly impact our state lands and parks. Several were closed this year in the adirondacks. I love NY but I hate our politicians! Your not the only ones pissed off guys![:@]
Venison - the other red meat

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Thats ridiculous if they got it and only had one food plot. Did it say how big it was or how much land they owned?

This isnt about deer, but we had to get a nuicence permit for beavers over to our land. It was free but I was actually expecting them to look into it more and taking a while before giving us one. My older uncle who lives there said someone came, looked at one spot and that was it. Its also dumb the laws that they have for those things.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:55 am

Well it happened Aug 7....they recovered 2 bucks and believe that at least three more had been shot...It occurred in Orange county...the where arrested at 1am...you can only shoot until 11:30pm, They were also charged with shooting within 500ft of a building
 " Region 3 ECO's said nuisence permits were requestedfor a property where onlya smallfood plotwas planted fourteen nuisence permits were issued."
They were schedualed to appear in Chester court later this month.....I hope some one organizes a protest against nuisence permits  outside the court house!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:45 am

isnt the idea of a food plot to attract deer?why would they need nuicense permits for deer they are attracting?sounds like someone paid off someone so they could score a buck early[:@]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to New York