Bacon Wrapped Backstrap

Got good taste? Share it with our readers!
cutngut85

RE: Bacon Wrapped Backstrap

Postby cutngut85 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:01 am

Just recently I tried wrapping a strap with bacon and boy was it good. I did some variation to the original post.
I first marinaded the strap overnight with some worchestshire and hickory bbq sauce and sprinkled on 'venison seasoning'. The seasoning is a blend I make with garlic powder, white pepper, onion powder, crushed juniper, salt, paprika, dried red wine flakes and a few other 'secrets'.
Then I butterflied the straps lengthwise and layed 1-2 strips of bacon inside and sprinkled some more seasoning. Then I wrapped the straps with 3-4 strips of bacon.
Then I coated a piece of tin foil with the hickory bbq sauce and rolled it around the strap.
I put the 'strap roll' on the grill over low-medium heat for about 15-20 minutes on each side.
Then made some mashed potatoes and enjoyed!

Now it's time for lunch and I brought the left-overs!!

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:46 am

I do the same thing, but rather than marinating overnight, I use my Cajun Injector to inject the backstrap before I cut it. Along with the bacon, it's so moist and tender, you barely need a knife. 

hunt4ever

Postby hunt4ever » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:27 am

A couple twists to all these great yummy tid-bits. When I am barbecuing venison or beef, I use a Teriyaki Marinade: 1/4 cup each cooking oil, soy sauce, and dry sherry, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 2 tablespoon molasses.  I marinade the venison in my Food Saver canister for 30 minutes.  They say that 30 minutes in the food saver canister is equivalent to 24 hours in a normal marinade container.  I have marinaded it for a few hours in the canister, but IMHO the marinade really takes over the flavor of the meat.  I also brush the marinade on the meat while grilling.  With the grill being hot-hot-hot, the oil in the marinade will cause the grill to flame up Image giving you the good burnt grill flavor.  Give it a tryImage  [size="4"]Tom Mac[/size] 

I would be unstoppable...If I could just get going!

Previous

Return to Recipes