nocturnal deer

flatpicker

nocturnal deer

Postby flatpicker » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:52 am

I live in Missouri and I have a great place to hunt. But there was some activity during the day a couple of weeks ago and it made my deer go nocturnal. Will they ever go back to moving durring the day where I can hunt them?
Veteran Flatpicking Guitar Player
www.jdsguitars.com

ranwin33

RE: nocturnal deer

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:56 am

Hi flatpicker, welcome to the forum.

I doubt that a single day's activity caused your deer to go nocturnal. They may have moved from the area for a while, but I doubt they changed their patterns too much, other than just moving to a different spot.  Give the deer some time, if you have a great place to hunt the deer will be back. 
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Ranwin33 said it best.  No one single intrusion will make them go nocturnal.  Now, if this happens on a consistent basis, then this could cause them to go nocturnal.  Do you know if it just happened this one time, or are you unsure?  Do you live close to the property?
QDM!

flatpicker

Postby flatpicker » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:05 am

I didn't make myself glear. They were in the property in close proxinty to where I will be hunting. They were diging a small pond with a backhoe and was cuting some low limbs on trees for about 2 weeks. 
Veteran Flatpicking Guitar Player
www.jdsguitars.com

Return to Missouri