What Ruins your Hunt?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Nighthawk

What Ruins your Hunt?

Postby Nighthawk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:57 am

Which of the following has the highest probability of ruining your hunt?

gunther89

RE: What Ruins your Hunt?

Postby gunther89 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 am

I've had it happen once where the neighbors have walked past me when I was hunting and we know the neighbors walk through our land to get to a piece of land they hunt.  We tell our grandpa who owns the land but he says he has to get along with his neighbors so he doesn't complain to them about it.
Scott

3tail

Postby 3tail » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:31 am

Ihate nothing more than to go to my stand and find foot prints on the groundbut then im glad to see that my stand is still there .

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:54 am

I was on a roll for 3 straight years where a tresspasser would ruin me on opening morning. Different guys every time.
Venison - the other red meat

Bluegrass Archer

Postby Bluegrass Archer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:17 pm

I hate seein dogs when i hunt. Personally ive never had deer come by the stand after a dog. There alot worse than coyotes, atleast there being sneaky. but dogs just run around the woods havin a good time and alot times they just circle around and ill see them a couple times.. it annoyes me pretty bad

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Nothing like hunting our own property and having a hunter walk right by you almost, as you're sitting there thinking WHAT THE HECK!  that's happ to me a few times, have talked to them, and they all talk about not knowing the property lines.  What do you say to that?!
QDM!

hunt4fun

Postby hunt4fun » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:28 pm

A couple years back, I was sitting for gun season on Sunday of opening weekend, and I heard a guy on the neighboring property yelling for his dog and I heard the dog barking.  I think he was probably letting him out while he packed up to head home.  Anyways, as I was fantasizing about the dog running over and me shooting it, I cought some movement.  Out came a mature buck sneaking out the other side of a swamp and doubling back on the dog I assume.  I shot the buck and never got a chance to thank that pesky dog.  The buck ended up having a really nice 5 point side, but the other side was big and palmated with 3 points and a good deer to get out of the herd.  So a dog actually helped me once! 

Ledfoot

Postby Ledfoot » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:44 am

Here in Texas, heat is the problem early in the season, I hate bow hunting and sweating like a pig, then the mosquitos are annoying
Ledfoot
"Vegetarian"- Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter!"

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 am

My answer wasn't on there......CELL PHONE!

I don't carry mine and I leave it turned off, but when I do get back to camp I have people leaving me messages about stuff that is NOT vital or important, and this is from people who KNOW where I am, and also know that they should only call me, "If someone dies", and maybe not even that, as I can't do anything about it anyway.

I can't tell you the number of times that I get back from a magnificent day in the woods, relaxed, tired, but extremely unstressed and content, looking forward to an evening of food and good times with my deer camp buddies, only to see that #$^*#@ piece of intrusive technology blinking, and I may as well be back home at work.....I HATE IT!!!!!!

When I started hunting there were no cell phones, and going to hunting camp was sheer bliss, because there were no phones, and the only way we could be reached was if they called the landowner and asked him to find us, which only happened once.

I think I might just start leaving my cell phone at home on the kitchen counter, so they KNOW I can't be reached!  [:@]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:48 am

"hunters" on ATV's too lazy to walk to their stand. Its funny when ya talk to em and they're complaining about not seeing deer...duh.
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting