Pricing a Mathews. Help!

JPH

Pricing a Mathews. Help!

Postby JPH » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:49 am

I have made up my mind and I will be buying a Mathews S2 as soon as I get a little windfall I am expecting. I dropped into Scheels, which is our local Mathews dealer, and they are asking $759 for a bare bow. They said they would match prices with other retailers, but my first internet search has come up dry.

Can anyone point me to a place that would quote me a better price on a new S2? Scheels needs a little competition!

klumbo

RE: Pricing a Mathews. Help!

Postby klumbo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:06 am

2 me that sounds hi the mathews dealer I go to in Ky only wanted $679 for my reezen 6.5 bare I think the monster was only $749 bare

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:21 am

JPH, first thing I did when I was lookin at my DXT was go to the Mathews website and find the retailers in my area and areas where my family members live. Thinkin they could pick up a bare bow for me if necessary. Then I called around for pricing. http://mathewsinc.com/index.asp?pageID= ... &CompID=56
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Swandog09

Postby Swandog09 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:26 am

JPH,

I got my Mathews bow at this dealer.  And I believe they will quote you over the phone and are willing to ship.

http://www.pappastradingpost.com/index.html

My bow was a new model two years ago and I know the price has come down since.  I agree with Klumbo I think that price is high.

Good Luck hope it helps.

That's why they call it hunting and not getting

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:53 am

Can I ask why you are going with the S2?
The dealer that I bought mine from quoted me at $750 for the S2.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

hunt4fun

Postby hunt4fun » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:07 am

JPH, if you go to the retailer section of the Mathews web site you can find a list of retailers in proximity to your location.  They list addresses and phone numbers and who to ask for.  Make some calls and get some quotes.  Thats probably the best way to find the best price in your area.  Like swandog, I got my bow from Pappas Trading Post.  They are located in Arena, Wisconsin, which is quite a ways away from you, but if they can ship, they are a great dealer to work with. It's a family owned business, and they are very knowledgeable and were a pleasure to do business with.  I would also rather give my business to a family operation as opposed to a chain store, even if it means paying a tad extra.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:00 pm

JPH,
Give these folks a call.  They will give you the real skinny and not mislead you at all.  I bought Mrs. Patriot's bow from them last Winter.  You can trust them.

http://www.whitcombswhitetails.com/archdivision.html
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:15 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

Can I ask why you are going with the S2?

Well I decided to buy a Mathews some time ago. I think we've had that part of the conversation on the forum before.

Why the S2 in particular? My decision is based on a forgiving design first, a smooth draw second, silence third, and speed last. I shot the S2 side by side with the Rieezen and found it to be smoother and quieter.

Do you think I am making a bad choice?

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:45 am

I think you should get whatever you feel is best for you.

Did you look at or shoot the Drenalin? Same axle to axle, 2 more fps, slim limbs (3.85 lbs vs 4.25 on the S2).
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

duckunder

Postby duckunder » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:21 am

In regards to Pappas trading post.........

I always thought they were in the right ballpark price wise, but recently the Father of the store was very rude to one of my best friends, made a big scene in front of alot of people.... My friend was dumbfounded as to what brought this on, and will never go back again....
  I cant get into all the details, but from what i've heard from other people that were there that day, he did not have it coming at all.... Then come to find out, others have had issues with the owner too.... His boy is a nice, polite, very helpfull guy.....if he could run the store, I think it would be much more successful.....

Just my 2 cents....

Next

Return to Bows