How's it looking?

Sailfish

How's it looking?

Postby Sailfish » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:38 am

Scouting paying off? Hogs staying away from your feeders?

Whats it look like this year?

I'll end up at Green Swamp East for archery. New place for me, public land, gets hit hard. I'm hoping archery will give me a tad better opportunity.

I may try to get a late archery for Upper Hillsborough as well. It gets pounded for like 3 or 4 weekends by muzzle and then weekend after is archery (wierd huh). Last year I had first archery there right after and the animals....well.....were in hiding (hogs and deer). I'm thinking that after 3 weeks or so maybe they will get back to some semblance of a routine???
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Demoderby4

RE: How's it looking?

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:44 am

No feeders to tend to, but the plots are looking good! Have my bow spot all scouted out and stand set up and ready for opening day. Just gotta go out there maybe once more and make sure everything is looking good still. My buddy went out there the other day and saw a doe in one of the plots, so that was encouraging since his dad and step mom had been saying they were seeing a lot more deer out there since the plots came up. Hopefully they keep coming our way in October lol! I'm gonna start heading up to some state land at the end of this month and finally start to scout out up there for gun and muzzleloading. I plan on going up there at least once a month from the end of August until beginning of Nov.

Yeah were the same here in MI it's 2 weeks or so of muzzleloading in Decenmber then we have 2 more weeks of bow. Did you mean after a break of pressure for 3 weeks? If that's the case I would say yes they should be getting back into some sort of pattern after the chaos of the season. Good luck this year, I can't beleive were only like a month away! [:D]
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:53 am

Yeah, they get like 3 or 4 weekends of muzzleloader. Hogs and deer.
Then its 3 w/e of bow I believe.
I hit first w/e after muzzle ended last year and boy was it scarce.
So yes hopefully by weekend 3 of just archery, the animals will pattern better.

Hey I'm also heading up to MI shortly.
Looking forward to checking things out on my hunting spot there.

Will be in Sumner, Houghton Lake, Traverse City, and Wolf Lake (n of Baldwin)

Sumner is where I hunt rifle.

I hope the deer move better this year than last.
I have my own system for prediction up there.
If I figure right this year will have the bucks moving well in daylight and a couple nice shooters will go down in our area. (hey I have to make some sort of prediction right? [:D]  )

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:03 am

I just made it out to Green Swamp Thursday to scout.
Have to do it by bicycle since motorized vehicles are not allowed.
Got there, got suited up and started raining.
3 hours riding  bikes, walking in muck, and "woods"

I see how this place earned its name. Literally the woods are under water. If the average rainfall continues the next 4 weeks, I will be wading through water to hunt, and will be hunting in the swamp.

Not too bad except at the entrance there is a sign that says DANGER, large alligators are present, do not go near waters edge and keep small children safe etc etc.

Makes the mosquito issue seem insignificant [8D]

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:46 pm

My feeders have been hit hard by TURKEYS,I think I had at least ten pictures of each one.I'll be on family land N.W. part.

FLJumpOutBoy

Postby FLJumpOutBoy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:08 pm

Looking good pics of small bucks and Pigs

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Just one of our funny pics.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:58 am

Nice!

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:59 am

I hunt some private land in Alabama and then Public Land on the Eglin AFB Reservation. The private land I know well already and have 3 cameras out on to help in scouting. The Public Land will be the difficult portion for me. I did some scouting back in February while out muzzleloader hunting and found a place in an archery area I'm going to hunt. It could take me some time to learn the Public Land because as you know in Florida it can be really thick. I just need to get out there and see what I can find. The more time I spend out there hunting the more I'll get to know the land and better my chances. Less than a month to go now, I can't wait!

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:55 pm

I used to hunt Eglin,had some good luck there.Of coarse about the time you get all set up along comes a squad of Rangers.

Next

Return to Florida