Oct 1st is coming....but not fast enough

ATedrow

Oct 1st is coming....but not fast enough

Postby ATedrow » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:37 pm

To all my fellow Hoosiers October 1st is only 20 days away. I was just wondering if anybody is as excited as I am? I know typically the first few weeks it's pretty hot. But since I have not been hunting in the last five years due to my Marine Corps service I am pumped up.

Good luck to you all!

Demoderby4

RE: Oct 1st is coming....but not fast enough

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:16 pm

A 5 year absence from hunting would make any hunter excited to get back out there! I can't take it anymore after 10 months lol! Thanks for your service and good luck this year. The first few days can be a bit warm but nothing beats getting out there in the woods no matter what time of the year!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

tinman

Postby tinman » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:23 am

ATedrow, Like a kid in the candy store, huh? God Bless and keep you and a very sincere Thank You for your service to our great country. People like you have made it possible for us all to enjoy the bounties of our chosen homeland. Remember, pic a spot, just like the Marines taughtn you. Semper Fi

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:12 am

ATedrow,

First of all, a big thank you sir! Ex-Navy here.

Second if you are close to a large urban area you may be able to hunt as early as Sept 15th.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:22 pm

I am excited and more importantly...I am ready! I was checking out the fields around one of my primary spots, and once again, I believe I will have the last standing corn in Indiana! The other surrounding corn fields look like they are on schedule to be harvested by mid to late October. It is always a delicate balance between wanting standing crops and not. Too much can be a real obstacle. But trust me...when you have the last standing corn/cover/big boys favorite hiding spot for miles, it's a gold mine!

Return to Indiana