Review of Vital Information

Vital Information is an educational resource from Deer & Deer Hunting. The CD contains hunting wisdom about shot placement, biology, physiology and ethics. How has it helped your hunt?
shaman

RE: Review of Vital Information

Postby shaman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:29 am

I got mine.  I have been off doing other things for a few days and didn't see it right away in the pile. 

It's funny, but years ago I started a collection of various bits and pieces from magazines and books.  The collection was partly whole cut articles and partly charts I'd made based on articles.  I lost it in the divorce over a decade ago.  However, by then I'd remembered most of the info I needed. 

Back when I started that collection, I was just getting into the sport.  I'd never seen frothy blood from a lung shot.  I'd never trailed a deer trying to run on three legs.  It was actually several years of hunting before I got one.  However, that little collection of charts and descriptions was drilled into my head. I'd made a point of going through it before every season. 

So here it was back after all those years, neatly re-done in PDF and in full color. What's more, there were several great articles on deer anatomy added to it.  How did D&DH get a hold of that binder from my ex-wife?  It's all there and then some.

Thanks D&DH.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 am

They should be on their way....keep us posted if you don't get them in a couple of days.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:31 am

ya know, i was wondering about this.. I was thinking about buying it, I just have to wait for some extra cash to come in.I was hoping someone would start this topic to kinda fill me in on what Im missing.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:24 am

I wish the vital shot deer 360 videos would be slightly different.  Firstly, they are somewhat small on my screen.  I do have my display set to a fairly high resolution.  Secondly, it would have been great if it could be more interactive.  It would be nice to be any distance and any angle away from the deer and then mark a spot on the deer where your bullet or arrow would hit, then be able to exploded the deer or see it by layer exactly what damage was done by your shot.

I understand that the way the 360 shot is now (quick time movie) that wouldn't be possible.  Just a suggestion for next time.

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 am

Frosty, try maximizing your screen, you can also do full screen if you wish by selecting it.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:44 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

I have my copy boys (and girls)!  Will need to spend some time looking through it.

I popped it in for a few minutes and had some trouble getting some of the video segments to come up.  I'll try again soon and provide more detailed feedback.

I spent some time with this last night.  Had to download an updated version of Adobe and Quicktime, but finally got it all going.  Then my Quicktime malfunctioned somehow.

The articles are great, but I've seen them all before in prior issues of D&DH.  I was kind of expecting some new information.  I'm not slamming anyone here, but just my honest opinion.  D&DH continues to be the only mag I subscribe to.  Keep up the great work!!

I was a little confused by the calculations of how much edible meat to expect from a deer.  Can someone give me a simple formula based 1) on live weight and 2) on dressed out weight?  I saw the chart and everything, and for some reason, couldn't get my mind around it. 

I think this is a great disc....full of super information.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:41 am

In 4 days it will be 1 month since I ordered it and I still have'nt received it. I called last week Thurs. 9/3/09 and the nice lady I talked to blamed it on snail mail. I'm sorry, but it should not take this long. A month? I will wait til the mail comes tomorrow and if it does'nt show up I will call again.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:51 pm

DoeEyed do you have the number that I can call them.  I looked in there website and couldn't find it and it will soon be 4 weeks since I ordered mine and I want to know where it's at.
Scott

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Hey Gunther, here are some numbers for you from Krause."If you have further questions regarding your order, call 1-800-258-0929 or 1-715-445-2214 if outside the U.S. to speak to one of our CustomerService Representatives or email us atBOOKORDERS@KRAUSE.COM."

Here is a toll free number. 1-888-457-2873 (toll free).

I did'nt get a chance to call on Friday so I will be calling them tomorrow. Good luck![;)]
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Ok DoeEyed thanks.
Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Vital Information