Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350s

Demoderby4

RE: Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350s

Postby Demoderby4 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:12 pm

exactly where mine broke mags. Im using some Beman Hunter ICS 500's now, i like them so far, havent shot one in the field but i like em when i practice lol.

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:21 am

I use Gold tip camo 5575 have shot the same arrow threw 2 does and it still flies true will never use any other arrow again

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:52 pm

im gonna have to give the gold tips a try...

Xplorer

Postby Xplorer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:27 am

I use the Beman Hunters also & like them fine. I can recommend them.

hunt4fun

Postby hunt4fun » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:56 pm

I have used the maxima 350's for a few years ago and I like them a lot.  The purpose of the nock collar is so that you can twist your nock to set your fletching the way you want it, whether you like the cock feather down, or to the side, or up, or whatever else you may wish to do.  I have never had a problem with loose nocks or arrows just breaking, and I am quite suprised that so many people have complaints.  I would definitely try to contact the company with your complaints.  The only times I have broken them were 1) hit a doe in the spine last year and she rolled over my arrow and it broke, and 2) took a quartering away shot at my target a few weeks ago, didn't remove the arrow, then took a broadside shot and somehow managed to hit the arrow that was already in the target.  Both of those were my fault.

MoDeer

Postby MoDeer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:48 pm

I purchased a dozen of the maxima hunters last year I liked the idea of weight forward and they do fly good. But so far I have shot 5 deer and 4 of the arrows have broke . One of them a doe at 5 yards perfectly broadside while I was still hunting . My first thought when I hit hers was I bet I didnt brake that arrow but I still had to pick up the pieces . The way I got it figured I can shoot 7 or 8 more deer and I will have to buy new arrows . 

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:34 pm

I also shoot the Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's.  I've had no issues with them this year (my first year using them). 

No issues with the knocks here.  I suppose you could always add a dab of super glue to keep them in place if that's an issue.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:39 pm

The first time I shot targets with my Carbon Express Maximas many of the nocks flew off.  I replaced all of the nocks with a different style.  No problems since.  I was advised not to use any glue.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:10 pm

I use Maxima 350's, have for a couple years. This year I bought some new ones, and the first time out had a nock break on me. That stunk because it broke when I shot, my string sliced right through it and into the end of my arrow, wrecking my arrow too. Brand new arrow down the drain.

Ive never had issues with nocks flying off. I never glue my nocks. If you want to move them later, which can happen if you adjust your set up, you'll be stuck if you glue them too tight.

Nocks are easily replaceable. I would just buy new ones if I had problems with them falling off. But, I have always had great luck with my Maximas, other than breaking a new one this year.

Randy3003

Postby Randy3003 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:50 pm

i ALSO HAVE SHOT THESE ARROWS WITH A LOT OF TROUBLE!!!!  They have serious issues in my opinion.  Their knocks are junk and they also seem to splinter or even worse disintegrate if you miss your deer and hit gravel.  My favorite hunting spot is on a gravel bar (approximately 30 yard shot) and I miss judged a couple shots and hit the gravel and they simply disintegrated on contact with the gravel.  I now shoot easton acc super slims and their replacement the acc pro hunters and their quality is awesome and cost approximately they same or a little less.  I will never buy another carbon express arrow again.  Easton's are as good as their reputation and wont let you down when you need them most !!!!!!!!!!!!
One well placed arrow can save a lot of unnecessary exercise

PreviousNext

Return to Arrows