NYS Hunting License Increase

fasteddie

NYS Hunting License Increase

Postby fasteddie » Fri May 22, 2009 4:03 am

ATTENTION SPORTSMEN SPORTING LICENSE FEE INCREASE
  EffectiveAugust 17 prices will in­crease on all sporting licenses for the sale of the 2009/ 10- license period. Lifetime license prices will go up on October 1. Hunters between 65- 69 should consider purchasing a lifetime sportsman license if they plan to hunt. Sr. Lifetime is currently $50 for ages 65-69 which includes small/big game, turkey, fishing and a waived application fee for DMPs. After Oc­tober 1 you will not qualify for Sen­ior Lifetime until 70 years of age and it will cost you $ 65, which will in­clude small/ big game, turkey and fishing with NO WAIVED DMP FEE. The new annual licenses for ages 65- 69 will be fishing $ 29, sportsman $47, DMP $10 and turkey $10.
   FREE FISHING DAYS
 The annual free fishing days this year are June 27-28, 2009. No one will need a license to fish on these days.

Semper Fi !

JOEL

RE: NYS Hunting License Increase

Postby JOEL » Fri May 22, 2009 4:31 am

what about the rest of us whipper snappers ed?[;)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri May 22, 2009 4:37 am

In the Rochester D&C , Leo Roth said the Lifetime Sportsman License is going up from $600 to $765 .
I guess they need the money to improve the Hiking Trails .........[8|]..[8|]..[:@]
Semper Fi !

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:04 am

"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Perhaps I should thank NY...because there is always that one straw...for every camels back...and it may save me some money....See I was willing to pay that 88 dollars and get my usual super sportsman license but they are going to make me PAY for doe tags to boot! When I'm already peeved that farmers that lease their lands and can get higher lease prices because it's year round deer hunting with nuiscense tags they DON'T have to PAY for.

Well they lost one hunter..because time constraints won't make it worth our daughters time to spend the money
I have decided to take a hard look at things and will be doing this...

Buying just a big /small game ...29.00
Buying a bow hunting license....21.00
If allowed 2 doe tags...............20.00
                                          ______
Now I will still turkey hunt...just using my Canon  Digital camera....I will enjoy calling the birds in and the challenge of getting great photos...I wont have to buy shells to practice/shoot and pay the taxes on them...nor will I have buy the suppies to clean my gun...and pay taxes on that...I can hunt with my camera all day long...and any month I want and never have to clean what is a rather smelly bird...and still have a good time.

I will still go fishing....just with sun screen a floppy hat and a good book instead of a pole...and still enjoy being on the water with Mr.B...and I won't smell like worm guts at the end of the day....nor buy bait and supplies and pay taxes on those

I will still use my muzzle loader...just during shot gun season...so thank you NY DEC...you saved me................................88.00
                                        _____
                                       _______
                                          38.00  Plus all the money for suppies and the taxes on those supplies...Oh and gas to and from camp and various trout streams

[hr]

[hr]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 pm

I got ya beat im leaving the state cuz im fed up with all the nonsense 

mjmcg

Postby mjmcg » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:32 pm

msbadger, when exactly is "shot gun season"? I have run into more guys over the years who refer to this mysterious non-existent season in NY. There is no shotgun "season" in NY,(see link) though there is this old long standing belief that you can use a shotgun during ML season, which nothing could be further from the truth, but some still insist that you can. I'd like to see it in writing....and I don't mean the Long Island so called "firearm season" stipulation either. I'm referring to the rest of the state. You may be in LI in which case I'd understand why you'd say that.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/10003.html

I dont see "shotgun season" listed.

But on the other hand I'm with you on saving money. I can't figure why during a year when NYS received $26.7 Billion dollars in federal "stimulus" project funding why they find it just to stick it to us with the most absurd fee increases ever seen. With all the lost sportsmen across the state i fail to see where they figure they will raise more funds through the increases. I'm willing to bet that 2009/2010 they show a loss in revenues over past years. Thanks Pete Grannis you anti hunting piece of crap. You should have never been appointed in the first place you liberal SOB.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:28 am

Why it's a regional thing....see before the state started opening many counties up to rifle hunting ....we southerntier ppl could only hunt our lands and camps here during Nov and only shotgun(talking gund here not bows)....unless we wanted to treck up to the Northern zone and use last years tags and hunt rifle early....thats all

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:31 am

PS...What I said was....I can use my muzzle loader during "shotgunseason"....or use my archery late season..archery/muzzle if I have a tag...Good Luck this year [:)] 

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:32 am

Look a little farther .................

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/35010.html
Semper Fi !

Next

Return to New York