NYS Hunting License Increase

msbadger

RE: NYS Hunting License Increase

Postby msbadger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:00 am

Fasteddie was that to me? I'm not understanding.........

mjmcg

Postby mjmcg » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:11 am

No, I think he was pointing out to me that there are a handful of counties that are restricted to bow, muzzleloader and shotguns during the REGULAR season. I am from northern zone territory and do not have access to, nor do I travel long distances to hunt. I have always been relegated to hunt lands within my immediate vicinity. When I said there was no shotgun season I was referring to the listed open seasons I.E. bow(only), muzzleloading(only) and then regular / rifle seasons as they apply across the whole state, not the handful of spots that restrict use of rifles during the REGULAR season.
Under most peoples interpretation of that restriction you could also call it "handgun season" too, but there isn't one of those either.
Further more (and I know where both of you were coming from :) ) I was sort of speaking of the idiots (and yes I can call them that because they don't bother to read their guides and laws) around here(northern zone) who insist that they can use a shotgun during ML season. I'm also referring to the same ones who also can't distinguish between regulations on magazine capacity for semi-auto centerfires and .22's / lever actions, since my .44 holds 11 down the tube I've had some guys say that's illegal because after all "the law says you can't have more than 6 shots" LOL! You gotta love 'em

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:05 am

mjmcg ---- Tell those Idjuts that you have a plug for your 44 mag so that it will only hold 6 shots . See how gullible they are . [:D]..[:D]
Semper Fi !

mjmcg

Postby mjmcg » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:12 pm

Exactly! ...and that I have steel slugs for it and only use it during the rifle duck season in Manhattan LOL I hear ya!

Previous

Return to New York