Smartscouter review

ril7572

Smartscouter review

Postby ril7572 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:08 pm

I had been considering a Smartscouter camera for some time. I hunt in 2 states, it seemed like a great solution to driving 3 hours to check cameras. When I saw the recent sales promotion, I decided to give it a try. The camera, extra battery, CF card and QDMA membership for $449.99. When i placed my order my total was $509!! Almost 60 bucks for shipping. So much for the big sale, but I proceeded with my order anyway. Was advised I would receive the camera within 7 days. 10 days later i received my Visa bill with the charge from Smartscouter, but I had no camera. A call to the company reviled it was backordered, first I had heard of it. I was told there was no need to check back on the order status, they would send an email when it shipped. 10 days later the camera was received (no shipping notification email). had to call back because there was no owners manual included, it was promptly emailed to me. Went to a nearby property to give it a try. When the first pics. came in, the objects in them were almost unidentifiable. Sent an email to Smartscouter (with pics attached) on September 13th. 3 days later still no response. made a call, then received an email response on 9/16, it advised the pics. seemed to be "slightly out of focus" but this could be repaired. I advised I wanted to return the camera for a refund, I was advised they would email instructions on how this was to be done. The email was received; it was for "return for repair". I replied that i needed instructions for return for refund. This was never answered. On September 20th I shipped the camera back to smartscouter. September 29th. I send an email and call the company, no responce.10/1/10 called again, I was told the refund would be processed immediately. 10/5/10 Still no response, called and emailed again. My calls to the customer support were never answered, after a brief time on hold they are sent to voicemail. Those messages were never returned.

This has been without a doubt, the worst buying experience of my life. Avoid this company/product at all costs!!!!

Oakarver

RE: Smartscouter review

Postby Oakarver » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:18 pm

I wonder how it would have turned out after the "repair"...

I personally am waiting a year or two before I even get interested in such a cam. There should be more companies jumping into this market..and with more reviews(in forums.....) I'll have a better idea of what might be worth getting.

easports

Postby easports » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:56 am

The first thing I would do is contact my Visa credit card company and put a stop payment on the charge for that product. Tell the company to open up an investigation regarding your refund amount. You should not be responsible for the charges until the investigation is closed or the company processes your credit. Why should you be out of pocket for the $$$ if the product was returned.

ril7572

Postby ril7572 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:57 am

I'm sure it would have been better. My biggest problem is the total lack of customer service. I'm losing count of the calls and emails that have never received a response.

Return to Scouting Cameras