DNR uses cuddeback

DeerCamp

RE: DNR uses cuddeback

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:28 am

Ya I did a bacon burn..Just burt the grease.. However I was wondering...Maybe if I just took the whole bacon out there and pan... And started to actually cook the bacon in my blind. That way I could eat some yummy bacon and have the smell all in the air.. So Smitty where abouts do you hunt up there? Ive been up there a lot latley, plan on getting back up there in about 2 weeks. I must say, the deer crops look good.Ill be deer hunting down here, till then.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:30 am

Yeah.. It was only 10 feet off the road, but its not like a paved road, its a road back in the woods.. A dirt road, like most state lands around here have.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:37 am

What road do you bearhunt off of DeerCamp? I may be able to tell you some spots as I grew up in Nadeau. 
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:57 am

Hyde Road... Been tough hunting so far.. Season ends for me on Oct 21st..

smitty

Postby smitty » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:59 am

Yeah Hyde Rd. is a ways north of here.  Most of my hunting happens in mid and lower Menominee county.  I know there are a lot of bears around Westman Dam and Hayward creek area.  Those areas are west of the town of Stephenson.  Also in the carney BMU.  If I didnt live in this area though I think I might look into bear hunting in the Baraga BMU or around the town of Seney right about in the middle of the U.P.                   

The deer hunting is also good because we have a lot of farms and swamps, and now with the antler point restrictions it is only going to get better.  
"Freedom Isn't Free"

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:54 pm

Well good thanks for the info Smitty! I agree the new antler restrictions, will only help us out up there! Good luck to you tomorrow morning.

Previous

Return to Michigan