Antlerless tags

Bowtechian

RE: Antlerless tags

Postby Bowtechian » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by now limiting doe tags. You've been able to kill at least three deer per year since the AR's started. If that's not enough, try hunting in Maryland. They let you kill more deer than you can use in a year.

BTW, how many deer per year is enough for your family?
Dave M.

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:59 pm

I just want to thank the game commission for now limiting the number of doe tags I can purchase with my own hard earned money. The multiple tags I would get every year for 2A went very far to feed my family thru the winter and well into the summer every year. Guess Ill have to revert back to the olden days where what I need, tag or no tag,

WOW...three deer is not enough...heck why even apply for a doe tag with that attitude or even buy a license..just go postal and shoot as many as you want when ever you want....

and are you married or got kids over sixteen?????...then they also can get three deer apiece ....I am sure the PGC will take your money to buy you kids or wife a license...and i am sure they would love to sell them doe tags...

This is the biggest problem with the deer hunting in PA...residents(not all) feel entightled to shoot what ever or howmany ever deer they feel like ...seen it for several years now..not as bad as before but...residents still shooting illegal bucks(less then three on a side) and just leaving them lay or killing a doe and not having a tag thinking it might be a buck...and leaving it...or taking them not caring about the PGC....

how many generations will it take to change the attitudes of hunters????? I tired of hearing ..there is not enough deer...i used to see 50 a day...now i only see a few...i used to be able to do this or that...

heck i grew up in New Hampshire...were you were lucky to see one deer and today you are still lucky to see one deer during the hunting season..bow or gun..THE whole season....PA you got it good ...the Pgc does a good job...you have a ton of public land to hunt and a good deer population along with game birds, bear, elk...what else you need someone to hunt for you...

lets practice a little QDM..improve the chance to kill a mature buck...and enjoy the chase...not the kill...and if you need food and you got money go to the grocery store!!!!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:18 pm

ORIGINAL: cmarberg18

I just want to thank the game commission for now limiting the number of doe tags I can purchase with my own hard earned money. The multiple tags I would get every year for 2A went very far to feed my family thru the winter and well into the summer every year. Guess Ill have to revert back to the olden days where what I need, tag or no tag, I will take for my family. Thanks again for Big Brother stepping in and telling me what I can and can't do. Progress in PA... I think not.

Someone is lacking some hunting ETHICs ! [8|]
Semper Fi !

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Actually, you can kill more than three deer . 2B tags are unlimited. I think the WMU out by Philly is the same way. So, if you got your buck tag, antlerless tag, bonus antlerless tag, you could still get as many in 2B as you want.

bigguyz06

Postby bigguyz06 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:19 am

Don't forget all the DMAP areas.......
Pa. Hunter

windwalker

Postby windwalker » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:29 pm

I got mine for Rothrock state forest dmap, ready for go time.
Hunt hungry

cmarberg18

Postby cmarberg18 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:36 am

Look in the all powerful Game Commission Hunting Digest. They do say they have "limited" doe tags to a certain number, and yes my family eats nothing but deer meat so my family does consume more deer per year than the average weekend warrior, which is most of the so called "outdoorsmen" in PA. So you want to throw the "ethics" thing at me go ahead but family before Game Commission!And remember..if they can limit to 3, who is stopping them from going to 2? then to 1? and then..oh thats rite were not allwed to hunt anymore. Say it cant happen but "BO" already has people in place who wants to outlaw hunting all together. Now to my next point, I live in 2a and it was nice before to send all my tags in at once..and get them! Im sorry we have to let the game commission let the out of staters have a chance too. God forbid this state not collect as much $ as they can for everything. Plus i work approxmately 1000hrs of OT per year at my job, so with that in mind I really dont want to go anywhere far away or where there are more doe tags than people. So throw all the insults...look down your noses..and say what you want. I am not a fan of the Game Commission and will never be as long as politicians are in control of it! And one last thing...since when did PA become a trophy deer state? im sorry but i was brought up and always looked at PA being a hunting state. Gee there i go again not going with what the Game Commission says...I agree trying to improve the quality of the deer heard, but some are taking it overboard. You want a huge racked, 8 1/2 year old buck..go to iowa. Where i hunt, id rather see 100 deer per day, and we do. Even with all of our "unethical" hunting fast eddie. Since my group is so bad and all.....

jlh42581

Postby jlh42581 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:16 am

correct me if im wrong but you chose to procreate therefore i have no sorrow for you. what you have to say about the game commission is based purely on false statements. theres how many other species of big game to hunt? you can kill 3 turkeys a year, a bear, an elk if your lucky, you can get 2 doe tags in a limited WMU, unlimited tags in others. The dmap program exists state wide in which you can get 2 more tags for each and every single one of them.

id turn you into the game commission in a hot second if i had a clue of who you were and killing deer illegally. take your backwoods mentality and hang up your weapons and WORK MORE. better yet, go back to school, get an education and pay to feed your family.

youre a slob hunter no matter how you slice it if you shoot deer without tags. just another piece of the puzzle as to why big bucks seem to disapeer, deer numbers are horrible in some areas. that mentality makes me sick.

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 am

If every "Sportsman" in PA acted like idiots & shot all the deer they wanted, we would be down to one deer per year or worse. I'm glad you're in the minority.
Dave M.

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:42 am

ive been pretty quiet on here, just taking in what people have to say.. but you have got to be kidding me cmargerg18!! its people like you that make it easy for more regulations to be put into place. poaching deer is not being a outdoorsman at all. i'd rather be considered a "weekend warrior" than an outdoorsman if you think that is what an outdoorsman is! i am disgusted and i agree with jlh, if i knew who you were i'd turn you in so quick. you are the kind of person that ruins it for everyone.. and like the other guys said.. cant your kids or your wife hunt? come on man, there are other ways to feed your family.

PreviousNext

Return to Pennsylvania