Ground hunting....

Share your tips and techniques on these great, but often times lost methods of hunting.
Goose

Ground hunting....

Postby Goose » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:12 am

We have some great people with a lot of knowledge on these great methods of hunting.

Those of you that are veterans, or even just starting out, please share your tips and experiences with us!

Hopefully this will be another great forum that we all can learn from!

Goose

Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

AlleganBowhunter

RE: Ground hunting....

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Hey thanks for the new forum.   I will be hanging out here often to listen to those in the know...  hoping at least a little rubs off!
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 am

Do you consider hunting from a blind ground hunting, as per your question on this thread?  I'm a blind hunter newbie, so like to hear what other people say!
QDM!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:36 am

Hey, Goose -- thanks for the new forum topic. It has been active for a week, and I've just now noticed it. It's about time we recogniz\e that treestand hunting is only one method.

I'll be watching this one, and tossing out one of my lame opinions now and then.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

nhdeerchaser

Postby nhdeerchaser » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:42 am

If I hunt on the ground, I usually try to get on the high point of a ridge, and clean out a three foot circle around the tree I'm leaning against, or under the stool I'm on, so I can either sit or stand without making too much noise.

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:54 pm

ORIGINAL: nhdeerchaser

If I hunt on the ground, I usually try to get on the high point of a ridge, and clean out a three foot circle around the tree I'm leaning against, or under the stool I'm on, so I can either sit or stand without making too much noise.

Mike

Hey Mike.....your post gave me an idea. I'll start a "Ground Hunting Tips" thread. Why don't you put your tip in it. It's a good one...........
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Ground Hunting, Still Hunting, and Stalking