NY point of view...

msbadger

RE: NY point of view...

Postby msbadger » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:15 am

I wish reeper...no it's one of the older DR's...thats a string trimmer with the beaver blade attachment...I really love my DR but...well if you know the Alfred area where camp is...the hills are pretty steep...we can't use bigger equipment because just under the sod are running springs every where...Well I got a lot done and as I wrote some place else here ...WOW sore is an understatement!..I have one more downhill trail to mow ...either tomorrow or next week then I am done for the season...this next one should be a breeze ..compared...for I had mowed it this spring ...cutting down all the wood brush....you know me...I save all my accidents for hunting season[:o]...lol....Good luck... I expect to see you kneeling behind a nice buck or fat doe soon...[;)]

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Haven't seen much this year. 6 doe so far. Have a 6 pt. buck on trail camera. Last year I took a 7pt in the same spot opening morn. A doe with a spotted fawn, and another with her yearling along in tow. Got those pics in the last 2 weeks. I check my camera weekly.
  I was up there yesterday mowing the trails in so I don't end up with wet feet from the tall grass. The rest of the fields haven't been hayed this year. The guy is behind and I'm hoping he gets it done soon. Can't see the turkeys walking across the fields and the season is right around the corner. Hope to put the wife on a tom this fall.
  I too decided the state can keep their doe this year. I can get one with my bow or muzzleloader during the season.

There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Well it sounds like you got alot accomplished Msbadger. I feel very fortunate to use the self propelled! Haha you think you're sore now, lets see how the next few days treat ya!! (well thats how it works for me anyways). I hope all your hard work pays off for you and your family[:)]
Thank you for the good luck and same to you! I expect to see a picture of you with a nice buck or doe...or perhaps a bear[;)]
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:36 pm

Nice buck stormshooter! What kind of cam are ya running?

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Reeper,
   All I can tell you is about a 5 yr old Moultrie. I'd have to run up in the woods to find out the model. lol I bought it then for about $120.
 Get this, about 4 yrs ago I hung it up on neighboring land which was posted and I would sneak in. I mounted it right on a tree at the bend of a woods road. Sat there for a week and all I got was the moving branches from the wind. Took it down and low and behold, the next day the tree in front of it got all scrapped up. Go figure!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 am

Hey Reeper....Just like you yeppers.... it's been tough going...head ache is gone but I'm still a tad stiff...not sure if it's all the mowing or climb stand to shoot the bow...I only carry 3 arrows ...forces me to concentrate....that's a lot of ladder climbing...LOL
Decisions ...decisions...We closed on the new land Mon...no stands and it's been a hive of trespassers for years...then it has been high winds and rain since I left camp so I haven't been back to finish up there....I went in to put up one last tow rope...and bumped 2 buck and a doe....bedded in between 2 different plots...for the life of me I swear that doe was in heat!....the bucks didn't bolt and she was bedded away from them...I knelt down and stayed still...she walked past at 20yrds and her tail was down and wagging like terriers tail waiting for a treat...the buck just milled around infront of me...one was a low ride rack ..I haven't seen ..nice sized...she continued past them then they trotted off through the woods....
 Mr B. left for work this morning...said there's cash on the counter...go get your life time license...I feel like it's tempting fate...burns me I already got my tags for this year...hhhmmm

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:42 am

Stormshooter, if I moved my cam and a rub was there the next time I went out I would be heart broken!! Did you have permission to go on the land? Maybe its mother nature teaching you lesson if you didn't[;)] 

Msbadger,
haha, I had a feeling you would be feeling it a few days later if you did the same day. I hear ya about the damn rain, its not like we have had enough of it this year[8|] I am hoping it holds off enough tonight so I can get out there! Do you plan on putting any stands on the new property? Hopefully it will be worth the wait! I hear alot of people are taking advantage of the lifetime licence before the price goes up. It does suck you purchased tags already though!

Best of luck to everyone this season!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:17 pm

gonna stomp the fields tomorrow hopefully for birds,turkey small game and quick scout.got a new place this year but waiting for the rain to go inmy old standby is still the same dont want to disturb it
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Reeper,
  No, I didn't have permission to be there. It was only posted on the front but still. I'd use my GPS in the dark to get to my fav tree that I'd clamp my tree seat on. Plus sitting there in camo made me harder to see.
  Yes, it was a bummer to see the scrub marks the next day.

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:40 am

Wow ..that went right over his head[8|]...Ppl wonder why hard working land owners have gone from peeved to anger..

I seriously can't wait to nail a few JA's this year.....

PreviousNext

Return to New York