Doe tags

msbadger

Doe tags

Postby msbadger » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:54 am

I went to Walmart on the way to camp and bought my tags....All the guys in front of me were only able to get 1 doe permit....When it was my turn I said you need to enter this just as I say 8x first( they lowered the permits there a few thousand..it's camp)....I then said enter 8n second...they upped ours...not 400 like I thought but 1600...so I knew that would go thru as a second chance tag....the clerk looked at me and whispered...you got both ....YES!!! and then I'll apply for 2 more on Nov. 1....they usually have left overs...not for the house but sons place...he lives behind a big farmer...Good Luck everyone.........

fasteddie

RE: Doe tags

Postby fasteddie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:11 pm

I received my License in the mail last week as I had bought the Lifetime Sportsman's license . Yesterday , I went to the town hall and bought the muzzle loader ($21)& archery ($21) licenses and applied for the anterless tags ( no charge ) . Got both anterless ( F & H ) . [:)]...[:)]
Semper Fi !

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 am

a little birdie told me some state parks etc are handing them out for free due to overpopulation
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:25 pm

got both my picks. i wound up dropping the conservation legacy 76$ and getting the supersportsman 98 plus both doe tags a 22$ increaseI also didnt get the habitant stamp or access permit that i used to get gonna miss the pin and magazine shame they shot themselves in the foot
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:32 am

shame they shot themselves in the foot

Couldn't agree more!!

I have to believe they thought raising the prices would increase revenue.  But I believe this utterly backfired on them.  I personally know of several people who have abandoned hunting this year due to the price.  They probably will not return ever.  In my case, I always used to get the super-sportsman.  Not any more.  Now I just get big/small game, bowhunting, turkey and the doe tags. 

By raising the price, they HAD to have discouraged a ton of new hunters as well as drove older hunters or less fortunate hunters out.  It seems like basic economics to me.  Keep it affordable and more people will buy!  What is so hard to understand about that? 

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:38 am

ORIGINAL: JOEL

a little birdie told me some state parks etc are handing them out for free due to overpopulation

More info?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:29 am

ya got to do some phone work for this i aint handing it out

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:36 am

[8D]

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:46 am

The DEC sent me TEN DMAP doe tags for the family farms!!  Usually I only get four.  DMAP tags are used during the regular season.  For awhile I was getting five nuisance permits that could be used over the summer.  I called the DEC and told them that I no longer needed the summer nuisance permits.  I suspect that this is why they sent me so many DMAPs.  I'll never fill all of these tags.  I don't see that many deer let alone have the opportunity to shoot all ten plus the two regular doe tags. 

Now that my son is hunting and my other son is going to be of age next year, I'll probably stop getting the DMAP tags as well.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:01 am

well if ya ever need some help filling those tags........ya know where to reach me[;)]

Return to New York