NY point of view...

msbadger

RE: NY point of view...

Postby msbadger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:15 am

Yesterday I walked to the goats to see if my #200 buck had gotten out ...AGAIN!...He found my turnip plot and has been killing me ..trying to keep him in...I just can't find where he's getting out and "plug" the hole....and he is hobbled with a heavy chain connecting his opposite front to rear legs...
Well I get to the road and look up and less then 10yrds from the drive to goats.... stands a mature doe ...on the side of the road...I lower my head looked both ways and kept my stride....That..@##$^&&%%$^$...was out for the 4th time...AAAUUUGHH..any ways I'm screaming  and he's hobbling up the laneway from the buckweat and turnips...I get him in the paddock...and head back...to find that doe standing in the same spot watching me...I couldn't believe it..so I turned to her as I walked by and said "hey...you wont' last long acting like that"..Swear to the heavens ...she nodded her head and went on eating the grass on the side of the road....Things like that make it very hard to shoot a doe here at home...lol

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:54 am

lol funny how they know theres no danger huh? she better not come over to my county![;)]
Venison - the other red meat

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:26 am

LOL poor Msbadger. Its always something isnt it? You were that does entertainment, she wasnt going anywhere![:D]

I like how you decided to talk to the doe. I have an uncle who always talks to the deer that are by his house or are out in the road when hes driving by. He usually yells at them (in a joking way) and they just keep going along doing their thing. After sitting on stand and not seeing any deer last night I drove a little bit down the road and there was a big doe and a fawn eating right by the road. I stopped and rolled down my window to yell out them. Maybe its just a NY thing[8|]
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:41 am

ORIGINAL: msbadger

Yesterday I walked to the goats to see if my #200 buck had gotten out ...AGAIN!...He found my turnip plot and has been killing me ..trying to keep him in...I just can't find where he's getting out and "plug" the hole....and he is hobbled with a heavy chain connecting his opposite front to rear legs...

I like coming back to this thread every once in a while & eavesdrop & hear what my fellow New Yorkers are doing. I get a kick out of some of the posts & hope you don't mind my tuning in.

But "MS" ... when I read the above post, I was completely dumbfounded. Obviously I've missed part of "that" story because I can't figure out what's going on there ... however, it sounds really interesting & I sure would appreciate you filling me in. Thanks ... and I hope you've recovered from pushing that "DR" all over the place. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:47 am

MFF ..I raise goats...and have a rather large Boer buck that I breed with my nannys. They go into heat every 28 days and he is rather "rank" this time of year...that draws in the deer...he is rather destructive because of his size and curled 2+ft. horns....I have a difficult time containing him ...so to keep him from jumping the fence or the females...I connect a chain from his right front leg to his left rear leg and that's "hobbling"....keeps the girls going into heat at the end of each month and keeps me from finding frozen kids in the mid winter.
Today I found 1/3 of my turnip plot destroyed....we had a come to Jesus meeting sorta speak and he is now on a 10ft chain hooked to the barn...until I fix the barn door he tore apart[8|]...I see the auction in his future.....

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:49 pm

ORIGINAL: msbadger

Today I found 1/3 of my turnip plot destroyed....we had a come to Jesus meeting sorta speak and he is now on a 10ft chain hooked to the barn...until I fix the barn door he tore apart[8|]...I see the auction in his future.....

I'm sorry ... I know you don't find that situation amusing, but ...

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:35 am

noe is the rank goat baiting.hmmmm[:D]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Headrush

Postby Headrush » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:27 am

I went to college at Alfred. LOVED that place. Beautiful this time of year. Have plans to go to Palmyra in a couple hrs where a buddy and I have been hunting 27 acres between a RR and a River. A couple of nice pinch points etc... and I've seen a 130+ every year for the past 3 years running that river/RR funnel. I have a moultrie over there thats been out 2 weeks. Going to switch cards and see who's been running the river!

Also heading down to hammondsport Sat morning. I have 3 stands down there on my uncle's 65 acres. We're also gona check out some State Land up the road to scope it out for a camping weekend later this month (I hope). Can't wait to get back out there!

Good luck this year everyone. KEEP SHOOTING!

Previous

Return to New York