SwampFox

RE: new member

Postby SwampFox » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:41 am

Also, if you've never been gator hunting I would really suggest it.  Season starts early in August and its a really exiting way to kick off the hunting season.

Patriot

RE: New Member

Postby Patriot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:05 pm

ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

Welcome...Looks like you took part of my name!!!  [:D]

Welcome BuckHunter,
Hopefully you will provide more insite than buckhunter21's idle gibberish.[:D][:D] 
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

wolf60

Postby wolf60 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:57 am

I want to thank everyone that have welcomed me to this forum. I have been having a ball giving my opinion on all sorts of subjects. I am a very opinionated guy, but I do try to keep an open mind. We can all learn from others. Looking foward to hearing from everyone else with something to add to our deer hunting knowledge. Good luck and hunt safe.

mah712rn

Postby mah712rn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:03 pm

Wolf I hope I'm you one day. That would make me 82 and still rocking. I'm 42 and this will be my first year hunting. Always wanted to, just didn't grow up with anyone that did it, which is how most get introduced to it. so last year I said hell with it I'm learning. Bought a used bow of Ebay, Researched online, had it set up shot all summer, got a tree stand and a friend with 30 acres said I could hunt there. I'm not looking for the big buck (though man would that be sweet...lol) just looking for the first deer.

wolf60

Postby wolf60 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:27 am

Well Mah, it's never too late to start. I had a similiar background. No one in my family hunted. In fact no guns or any other weapons were allowed in my house.But as soon as I got my own place , I started hunting.In fact , when I started bowhunting I bought a left handed bow because I thought if you were right handed, you held the bow in your right hand.I hunted that way for a couple of years. We all go through a learning curve.I remember those first few years and how exciting they were. Make the most of them, you will never regret it.What ever you do , don't get discouraged. If you stick with it and keep learning , it will happen. When I started, we used to just climb up in a tree and stand on a branch.Portable treestands were just starting to hit the market. But it was a great time. I wish you all the luck . Hunt safe and keep trying to learn everything you can.

kellory

Re: new member

Postby kellory » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Welcome indeed, wolf60. i am a new member myself. I hunt with a barnett demon crossbow by choice. I like the heavier punch and penatration. alot like moving from a 20ga. to a 12ga. Give it a try, and save your shoulder. By the way, those little deer are fawns, not key deer! We grow'em bigger up here! :lol: :lol:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Ohio